FS: Custom 4-2-1 1.8L DOHC Protege Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Custom 4-2-1 1.8L DOHC Protege Header

This was my second prototype that I built. It's a 4-2-1 design with a 2-1/2" collector outlet.

Please contact me at smsp@comcast.net or 540-287-6384.

$500 shipped.

pics, materials, coatings?

Comment

Mild steel.

Not coated, presently painted flat black.

Comes with a set of secondary extensions for testing. I'll also include a 2-1/2" flex pipe.

I need to get some better pics but here's one.

Comment

i remember this the first one you made looked great pricey as hell but looks great

Comment

that's pretty hot
          Current Cars
          2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
          1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
          1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
          1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

That's a nice looking header.

Out of curiousity, what kind of gains can be expected?

Comment

Sort of dropped the ball on this one. I still have the header, I actually recently uncovered it! I would like to move this. Email me at smsp@comcast.net or call 540-287-6384. Thanks.

Comment

wow, i guess you guys have not priced good headers for other cars before huh?

oh and price bashing is against the rules ya know
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

*Edited to not look like a weirdo responding to posts that are no longer there.

Good luck with the sale. I'd be all over this if I didn't already have a Genie to hold me over until boost is ready.
                  Last edited by Hadoken; 11-19-2008, 11:39 PM.
                  Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
                    You guys prove the point of why no one wants to make stuff for our cars.

This header was made as a one-off piece for NAProtejay's car. Custom work is not cheap.
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

can you post a better pic?
                      GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                      AND
                      THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

This header was made as a one-off piece for NAProtejay's car. Custom work is not cheap.
                        that's not why people don't make parts for our car's its because our cars were never raced competitively and Honda's are

and most people that own them are cheap and dont want to pay for new parts and always post wtb threads for used motor mounts and strut mount ect

Comment

i agree with having proof of hp gains. a na header is not in the same ballpark as a turbo manifold's theirs allot that go's into fabin a n/a header! scavenging, gas temp ,primary tube lengths ect. they just have to be tuned right. they can flow significantly less than a stock header, if they are not done right.

as for the price range of $500. they are not all that bad, but thats if they can prove them selves to be a good design.
                          Last edited by 13thghost; 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM.
                          GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                          AND
                          THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

And if ppl would search NAProtge's threads they'd find lots of results.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

thread cleaned up
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X