No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing rips hard haha. Any guess as to how much hp it's making? It "sounds" like over 300 at the wheels for sure.
    Tyler has spoken

Comment

Very nice!20+psi,Woohoo!hahaha!
      Good job!

Comment

Here we go! I did G-tech pass to compare the evolution of the project. Here's screen shot of the results, the black run is the previous VJ23 setup set to 20psi, the red run is the new GT3076 set to stock wastegate 10psi and green run is the GT3076 set to 14psi. As you noticed, the start is slower cause I didn't hard launched the clutch like the black run. From 10psi to 14 psi, the car gained almost a full second on the 1/4mile. The speed per gears is higher due to the gain in RPM. Was shifting gears at 6750 with the VJ23 and 8000 with the Garrett. Right now, the cams needs to get timed properly, there will be huge gain over that and that's my next step tomorrow...yes I'm gonna pull the engine out of it's engine bay for maby the 10th times and there's 2 reasons for that; You'll probably ask me "why don't you have 20psi run?" the main fact is my transmission past away doing that 20psi run...BOOM! there she goes, right on the launch...again anyway to get the cams timed right on the spot, I need to get the engine out to install the degree wheel and that was the 2nd reason...more pictures to comes on "how to set cams with degree wheel".

Another big news, I'm about to buy a new car: ST185 GT4 to fix the transmission problem. Going to see what the car looks like today but will definitely buy it. I'm gonna fix the tranny for now, will drive it slow till storage and the swap will start this winter.

US graph

Metric graph

Speed vs time

Torque & HP graph
        You'll notice here how much more HP this car does now and how far max output is @ 14 psi

Enjoy!
        Last edited by mazdasly75; 10-21-2011, 11:28 AM.
        -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
        -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
        -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Damn Tranny ! the main problem of the gt-x/gt-r ! but you will fix this problem soon ! can't wait to see the next step !

Comment

You will definately see a benefit when you get the timing nailed down at 14psi I would think. 14psi on the gt3076 should be good for 320-340 whp. In a 2600lb car, I bet you will be in the 11's in the quarter.
            Tyler has spoken

Comment

Yesterday, I lifted the car and been listening the the transmission for diagnose. The noise comes from the transfer box, thats for sure, I'll fix it when I'll get time. So here's the latest work I did, a transmission swap...again, I put back the GT-Ae close ratio tranny. Before I install back the engine I timed the cams properly with the degree wheel. You'll understand why you have to do this while the engine's out of the car, due to its diameter size. Here's a few shots...

The GT-Ae tranny, still has its tag.

Had to tune the car a little to match the new cams timing, I now noticed a gain in torque at low engine speed, but wil be hard to know if there's gain over the OEM transmission as the gears ratio are different so G-tech will read different. The car's tuned for 20psi now and I want to run it until this winter for the GT4 transmission conversion. I'll take a few 20psi run on video, stay tuned.
              -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Originally posted by theredrocket View Post
                You will definately see a benefit when you get the timing nailed down at 14psi I would think. 14psi on the gt3076 should be good for 320-340 whp. In a 2600lb car, I bet you will be in the 11's in the quarter.
                I tune the timing map AFR vs exhaust gas temperature, I found that the engine's best HP curve is 11.8-12:1 and 1250F. I still need to work on that, once you change ignition timing AFR moves and same if you change AFR so it's a LOTS of time reaching the notch. I'm not only doing it at WOT, but to the whole MAP. But every time you change the constants, like I just did with the cam's timing, you have to do it again...perfection is what I aim for

Comment

Great build! Cant wait for the gt4 conversion!

Comment

Just did a 20 psi 30-180km/h, girlfriend was sitting in the car, didn't wanted me to boost 20psi cause she's scared the car blows another transmission, lol. Notice how the 1st-2nd-3rd gears are close together. This is very funny to drive that, but I wouldn't think to have those gears in a FWD

CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW

Last edited by mazdasly75; 02-24-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Had this laying down in the end of the "what to do" list, so today i changed the GT-R 0-180km/h speedometer for one from protegé GT 0-230km/h. I also swapped the tach as MDS killed the stock tach after a few minutes...it appear that this one didn't like the Nascar MSD high voltage box neither, died as I turned the IGN on "ON" position...PAOW! lol!

Comment

Strange, here the protege GT is 240KM/H

Comment

Hey mazdasly, what rpm have you taken the car up to? In that video you say the turbo spools from 4500-9000. Does the cars power start to fall off hard before 9000, or does it pull strong all the way to 9000 rpm? In the video it looks like you shift at ~8000rpm. If it does have power all the way to 9000, that's pretty awesome!
                          Tyler has spoken

Comment

Yeah a 8-9k rpm redline may be cool but streetable, guys?Give me a little more grunt in the bottom,the awd excells in putting the power down.A 8-9k redline turns your awd into a highway star.That aint my car.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
                              Yeah a 8-9k rpm redline may be cool but streetable, guys?Give me a little more grunt in the bottom,the awd excells in putting the power down.A 8-9k redline turns your awd into a highway star.That aint my car.Correct me if I'm wrong.
                              Yes but once you get to 4500 rpm in 1st gear with a big turbo, it's all over, even for a "low end grunt" car. The car will explode forward, and when he shifts into 2nd, the rpm will still be above 4500 if he has an 8-9k redline. I dunno, that whole "streetable" thing is open for debate in my opinion. A monster turbo is streetable as long as you keep it in it's powerband. And it'll walk all over a "low end grunt" car.
                              Tyler has spoken

Comment

Believe me it is streetable the engine is 2L now and there's no valve overlap so no low end loss at all. At 3000 the engine get 8-10 psi, at that level it's stronger than an atmospheric engine. That turbo isn't lagger than the VJ23, it's more efficient. According to the g-tech graph, 14psi get its max torque at 5100rpm and maxed out the ponies at 7150 rpm. That mark is raised at 7500rpm at 20psi. And the shift light comes on at 7800. After a gear ****f, engine drop to 5500-6000 exactly in the torque curve which is perfect.

I installed that turbo for what i expected, it blows off the speedo in les than 20 sec. You need a strong car to get in front of it, i can tell ya and i like it. There's probably a better turbo for that engine but i ain't gonna spend a dime into that deep research. Also next year i'll get the car to a dyno to tune the cams, there's lot of ponies to wake up, i expect to find extra 50.

I'll make another video while driving at normal speed you see that the engine isn't suffering of anything.

Thanks for sharing your opinion guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X