Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
    Believe me it is streetable the engine is 2L now and there's no valve overlap so no low end loss at all. At 3000 the engine get 8-10 psi, at that level it's stronger than an atmospheric engine. That turbo isn't lagger than the VJ23, it's more efficient. According to the g-tech graph, 14psi get its max torque at 5100rpm and maxed out the ponies at 7150 rpm. That mark is raised at 7500rpm at 20psi. And the shift light comes on at 7800. After a gear ****f, engine drop to 5500-6000 exactly in the torque curve which is perfect.

I installed that turbo for what i expected, it blows off the speedo in les than 20 sec. You need a strong car to get in front of it, i can tell ya and i like it. There's probably a better turbo for that engine but i ain't gonna spend a dime into that deep research. Also next year i'll get the car to a dyno to tune the cams, there's lot of ponies to wake up, i expect to find extra 50.

I'll make another video while driving at normal speed you see that the engine isn't suffering of anything.

Thanks for sharing your opinion guy!
    What rpm have you taken the motor up to?
    Tyler has spoken

Comment

Yeah,you might be right.
      But darn,a 6,5k redline is alot of fun.Hell,running 1.6s for decades was fun.The -20 I ran was a blast.The -23 loses some poke in the bottom(which I miss)but makes it up as a larger displacement engine in the top end.I think you lose the fun of "scramblin "around trying to get grip, with alot top end.
      My shytbox is set up for a beatin' Its just not fun to do.So whatta ya guys say?

Comment

Mazdasly,sorry for the hijack.
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
          Yeah,you might be right.
          But darn,a 6,5k redline is alot of fun.Hell,running 1.6s for decades was fun.The -20 I ran was a blast.The -23 loses some poke in the bottom(which I miss)but makes it up as a larger displacement engine in the top end.I think you lose the fun of "scramblin "around trying to get grip, with alot top end.
          My shytbox is set up for a beatin' Its just not fun to do.So whatta ya guys say?
          Nicks got to ride once you ain't gonna miss the vj14 anymore. I know what you mean, the -14 kicks right away but it die soon after passed 5000. Right now i run the gtae gearbox with close 1-2-3 it's stays in the high revs easier, it's real fast between 2 stops.

I reved the engine once at 9000 but it's more like floating at that level. I would say to shift at 7800-8000 1st-2nd-3rd and from 3rd to 4th at 7500 is perfect match.
          -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
          -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
          -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Thats true,the g5f6 would work well wouldn;t it? Yeah, I can see That working well!!
            I wrote the g5f5 sticker on my trans. on a garage door,never seen a tranny sticker b4!
            You start to make power where in the rev range.
            I forgot you have that tranny,that should be interesting' unless you go toyota by the by.

Comment

Never mind, I can always check your previuos data.

Comment

Engine kicks at 4500, like vj23, but it's sick from 5500 to 7500.

The idea behind a garrett was parts. Whenever turbo fails it won't be hard to find extra parts for repair.

That transmission is fun to drive but dosen't pulls as strong as the gtr's one. I'll repair it for sure but i recently bought whole jdm gt4 for drivetrain conversion so i won't using it anymore.
                -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

GT4 conversion? very nice! Once that conversion is done, what do you think the weak point of the new setup would be? Seems like everything I'm thinking of has been upgraded or reinforced so far lol.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I still run on oem suspension and don't have any sound system yet in the car. When i drive it slow, kids are boring

Comment

Not to mention, the gt4 trans is a st185 simple sychro it's a piece of ****. I'll keep an eye open for a st205 triple synchro. I'll do the conversion next winter, i still run the car and seems like the engine loves cold air. It's fun to spins 4 wheels straight line on 1st 2nd gears on RT615 tires lol.

Comment

That's a nice build you have going on there! I say you bring it down to NY when you finish the conversion (and fly back to Canada)!

check out this link for the front lsd for your new trans:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

Thanks Jorge for the link. I'm subscribed now and i put my name into the BB

Can't wait to get the plate!!

Comment

Stock suspension? wow that's impressive! and you don't need a fancy stereo in my mind...just 4 speakers and an **** hook up lol.
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
                              Not to mention, the gt4 trans is a st185 simple sychro it's a piece of ****. I'll keep an eye open for a st205 triple synchro. I'll do the conversion next winter, i still run the car and seems like the engine loves cold air. It's fun to spins 4 wheels straight line on 1st 2nd gears on RT615 tires lol.
                              What size are your rims? If you're still using 15's, Mickey Thompson has ET street radial II's in a 205/50/15 size. That would help with traction some on the street. I'll probably go with those myself. The Mickey Thompsons get awesome reviews.
                              Last edited by theredrocket; 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM.
                              Tyler has spoken

Comment

I'm using 15 inches. The main factor is cold temperature. Once the streets are below 0 C or wet, i can drift the car on the 1st-2nd-3rd gears but straight line on 1st-2nd. I don't want more traction right now, i'll bring the the Falken to the wear limit. Next tires will have to be street radial though, thanks for the input, i'm going to search specs for MT right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X