No announcement yet.

My Protege KL Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice. Go burn up some ricers lol. Video coming?
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

What wires? What exactly were they for? I'm just gathering info for when I do my swap
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

on the relay connected to the ecu, splice the green, and black wire together. Thats it. We just used a butterfly connector. But his relay humms really loud now. After trying a diff relay 2. but hey, least the pump is running now!
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

Can you snap a pic for reference?
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Shouldnt need 1. Just look at your ecu. There's 1 single relay physicaly attached to the ecu itself. There's like 5 wires going to that relay. Connect the only green and black wire. we just used a splice connector to join the 2.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

Got ya
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Video coming soon.

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Looks good Can't wait to get mine done. Actually you partly helped me get more motivated...ask md323. Lol
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

lol thanks. if I were you I would NOT use a neon radiator.. it fits in the core support well but the outlets are WAY off and theres no overflow tank bung

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                    1997 Probe GT

Comment

That was an option till I saw where the inlet/outlet were placed so we see eye to eye there . I'm going with a 3 row civic half rad. Should be fine
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

yea. the fact there is no expansion tank or anything to even hook one up with the neon radiator is a horrible design. so if it overheats, its gonna pop the head gasket since it has no other outlet. neon rad FTF! we have over a day invested into just the cooling system at this point.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        What are you driving?

Comment

im using a remote filler in my upper waterline for right now, there are other ways but im thinking of getting a custom rad at this point if i continue the project
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Thats what we did. The mx3 one didnt work well. So i grabbed the oem setup off a pgt and we T'd that into the upper radiator hose as a temp solution.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            What are you driving?

Comment

yup that took HOURS!!! Im just going to have a custom radiator made. Im just trying to get this thing driving to goto mazdafest on saturday.

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                              1997 Probe GT

Comment

What axles are you running?
                                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                                "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                                X