Timing Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Belt

Well my car is gettin old I guess, it just hit 120k today. And I decided Id better go ahead and get the Timing belt and all accessories changed. ANyways, is there a better than stock replacement timing belt anywhere? Ive searched and searched, but only found the stock one. Honda's have one that claim to be 200% stronger than stock. That would be nice added security for me Id think. THanks!
    Eat ****.

Never heard of a 'performance' type of a timing belt for our cars. An OEM replacement will be good enough.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

ha ha let me get the buzz started. Toda makes engine internals for the bp model. They also make a performance timing belt which is 200% stronger than stock.

Comment

I would say not to waste your money, because it's not going to make any difference
        NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

I kinda thing of it as extra insurance. In a sense. But OMG $180????? Good lord. Ill just stick with my OEM one.
          Eat ****.

Comment

you don't need the extra insurance, our motors dont run interference like the hondas do.

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

I know, but it has a less chance of breaking and leaving me stranded on the side of the road than the OEM one.
              Eat ****.

Comment

trust me your wasting your money. unless your doing all out racing, a factory replacement will do you fine. just change it again after 60k like the factory tells ya to.

93' 5spd DX
                R.I.P

Comment

cmon now, were talking about the Protege, Mazda's ALL OUT and only true sports car!! Of course its for nothing but racing.....LOL. J/P.

Im gonna go withthe OEM one.
                  Eat ****.

Comment

Just get a factory timing belt from the dealer and be done with it. It came on your car new and has lasted 120K, hasn't it?

"Mazderati"
                    91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                    Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                    Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                    AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

or any of the other mazda stock sites.

make sure you get a factory belt. I don't run anything other than Mazda factory when it comes to belts. I guess I just prefer them opposed to other aftermarket belt producers.

Forget that 200% stronger belt crap lol...
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

naw, mine hasnt lasted 120k miles. Its been replaced. It looks pretty good still actually, im debating on whether or not to just leave it as it is. No cracks or tears.
                        Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                        X