Regarding VICS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding VICS...

to those of you who disconnected your VICS, I think Gen1GT was one right? Anyways, how did you keep the butterfly open?? I had mine kinda wired up to keep them open, I cant think of any better way...I like it left open for racing, as it adds a little top end. Anyone got any feedback?
    Eat ****.

Just disconnect the vacuum line going to the VICS actuator. It'll stay open. When you start the car, the VICS closes because of the high vacuum, but closes when the vacuum drops at higher RPM.

Comment

Wouldnt you want the Vics open though?? To the smaller runners?
      Eat ****.

Comment

ohh, wait i get what you wrote.
        Eat ****.

Comment

Ya, I meant that it opens at higher RPM, my bad. I got 3whp at 6600RPM from leaving the VICS open, but lost like 15lb/ft between 1500-4500RPM. If you're drag racing and keep the revs up it should be good....

Comment

yea thats all Im gonna use it for. I just keep some electrical tape handy for when Im drag racing to plug the lines...lol.
            Eat ****.

Comment

I just use a screw.....

Comment

I cant find one thats quite that size. Just off the top of my head, what color vacuum hose is the one thats for the VICS, I cant remember, and its almost flooding outside otherwise Id go check!!
                Eat ****.

Comment

I think all of the vacume hoses are black...

Comment

Why bother if you loose 15lbs of tq on the bottom end...
                    Not worth it, don't you think.
                    You have to get off the line sometime.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                      Why bother if you loose 15lbs of tq on the bottom end...
                      Not worth it, don't you think.
                      You have to get off the line sometime.
                      That's no problem. Hold the revs at 4500, feather the clutch, using the clutch to control wheelspin. When you've hooked up, off the clutch and full throttle. When you shift at 7300, it drops to around 4500 anyway. If you're inclined, leaving the VICS open might shave off a tenth of a second. Otherwise, the VICS is awesome, and for AutoX and on-road driving, you'd be crazy to do without it....

Comment

Working...
                      X