How much does the GTX weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does the GTX weigh?

Does anyone know for sure how much the GTX engine weighs? The shipping invoice for my motor said 325, but I saw a thread where Charles said his invoice read 350, and Jon said his GTR only weighed 180. Noboys seems to know for sure.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

The only Mazda motor I can see weighing 200lbs or lighter would be a rotary. I'd have to agree on the motor being in the 325-350lb. range.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

Well, the shortblock weighs 100lbs, add about 25 for the head. 19lb flywheel, manifold is about the same. I can weight everything at work tomorrow and add it up, but it's definitely less than 300lbs. The only real difference is the turbo, but the BP-ZE VICS manifold makes up for that.....

Comment

The flywheel, clutch plate, and pressure plate from the gtx weigh in at ~32lbs. The turbo and manifold weighed in at ~28lbs.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

2735lbs for the JDM GTX with sunroof and other options

this is for the 5spd model btw. I don't even know if there is an automatic model, i'm sure it weighs about 80-100 more though.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
          X