no0b questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no0b questions ...

no flame please, i have limited time and really cant filter the post, please assist me in any way posable, thank you

i have 92 pro, i am looking at my options ( goal is high 13-low14 1/4 )
    even faster in time, but i want something that i can swap in with out my wife killing me for spending all that money. and as time pass's upgrade with bolt ons, i know all the questions i have have been answered but bare with me

im trying to get all the info i can to seek out all options, beening that i work to damn much, i would like it to be easyest as posable, but get my best bang for the buck.

1. whats the best swap into the 92 pro, less money swaps, and good bang,

2. isent the bpt a v6?

please post links to other forums if you have them available
    "im not a mechanak, but i can "WING IT"

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

the bpt is a 4cyl.. there is a gtx bpt wich i believe is 180hpish, then there is the godly gtr bpt wich is 210 hp, u can pick up a gtx front clip of ebay wich will have everything u need for the install for about 2400 shipped, throug raceup.com everyonce and a while u will see them put up a gtr.., and they go for 2900 shipped i think... ( or u can get lucky like adam.,(boostedpro)) and buy a gtx and have a gtr shipped 2 u lol, .. when u speak of hte v6 u are most likely talking about the klze, wich is the JDM mx6/mx3/probe Gt engine. wich is rated at about 200hp, for that swap u will need the suspension and the subframe i believe from a v6 mx3... , all of those options are pretty badass tho,

Comment

i went to raceup.com, all i saw was text, so i am assuming that they do not have one in stock, thanks for the link though.

i will keep an eye on that site, any more input out there?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

yeah if you kick around on this sit for a little while. with time comne experience, and experince = wisdom. the BP is probably your better bet. you can turbo it. also if you find a v6 mx3 let us know we can guid you throught the steps of a 2.5L v6 swap.

i still say you research the GTX 323 swap.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

is the KL-ZE an american mx3 engine or the japanese one? if not, does the NA mx3 engines just swap over? how many whp do those push?

Comment

the regular MX3 V6 only has a few more hp than the BP.
            1.8 V6 = 130hp?
            1.8 I4 = 125hp
            = not really a swap to consider IMHO

The KLZE is the JDM 2.5 V6 from the Japanese MX6, 200hp
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Here's one:

-------------------------
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i decided that i am going to go with the BPT. is it a str8 swap ? ill poke around for a guide to the swap, but feel free to post them here too incase i can not find it.

also this lightswap thing here should work on a 92 pro correct? the mounting ext looks the same. but it says 94 pro.

Last edited by tempunlimited; 10-11-2004, 06:35 PM.

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

well, u need the 94 hood then, coz the projetor lights are slanted towards in the inside...

Comment

so just get the 94 hood and it should work ok? with some minor work ?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

94 hood and a 94 grille ., but other than that yeah

Comment

second thoughts

after poking around the site, since i had some spare time.

i been searching for about 3 hours at the time of this post.

ok let say i go cheep right off the bat, and get me a BP/just a DOHC motor,
                        i failed to find the info for the swap, i would imagin it would be basicly a drop and bolt proccess. same trans and all ? ( please feel free to post a link to the posting, or just ideas for the search title ) can i add a good turbo onto it in time? or should i just go BPT ... i dont need the HP now its going to be a long project something to pass alot of time =) or should i go like a klze the swap should cost about the same? as the bp. and i can turbo it corect? as well as NA tune it?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

where can i find info on all the motors. hp / I4 or v6 / i need to go to school on this, so i stop asking dumb redundent questions ?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

DOnt forget about the KF-ZE 2.0 V6....180hp...

Comment

or you could go with the fe3 motor which came from the mx6 or the kia which make like 170hp and is pretty easy to do just another option
                              sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Working...
                              X