what? another oil leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what? another oil leak?

Ok, after spending all day yesterday replacing the cam seals, valve cover gasket and cleaning up all the oil all over the engine. Today I found another oil leak. (dAmN!!!) This time its really bad (I think). The oil leak is coming from the head gasket (external leak). Im not replacing until I get my built head.

Anyhow, I'd like to know if the leak coming from the cylinder head gasket is that bad. I mean will it blow my head gasket? I put alot of pressure on the engine especially w/ the nos but I dont want to fix the head gasket until I get my new head which is going to be this February. In January 2nd I want to race my car at battle of the imports (or something w/ the imports drag race) do you guys think this will cause the heas gasket to break? The distance from the track to where I live is a good 2 hrs drive so if I mess up the engine that a $600 towing.

i wouldn't chance it. sounds like its probably leaking so much from the strain the nitrous puts on the engine. at least to me. i wouldn't race it until you have a trailer to bring it there and back and a second car to daily drive when it breaks.
    91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Yeah you're right. I might have to buy another engine soon and build it. DAmn !

Comment

an oil leak from the headgasket..... that doesn't sound right...

id check again elsewhere.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Are you sure it's not the distributor o-ring?
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I know I can't believe it either. I don't even know you can have oil leak on the head. I mean you know externally.
            I cleaned the block w/ carb cleaner last night. I drove the car this morning no leaks no nothing. after driving it all day I notice oil leak coming down where the head gasket is.
            The O-Ring was replaced this year too and its not leaking anymore.

**** sucks! now Im debating if I want to sell the car or go all out with it, meaning use my $3k that I got from my stock option and use it to build new BP and new paint job, bumpers etc...or sell it and use the money for a different car like my p5 or......you guys are gonna kick me out of this forum if I mention this....O well, CIVIC EG or EK? .....ahhh am I still welcome on this board?

Comment

O yeah, before I replaced the camseal I was getting oil drips every 3 days on my drive way about the size of dime. I was still squeezing and the engine never gave up on my. i tested the vacuum its still at 21" of hg which is very good. Haven't have the time to check the compression cuz I dont have the tester but when I did te swap we tested the compression it was still in spec.

Comment

1ofdfew, where are you in the bay area? I have a simple screw in compression gauge, and we can use it on your car. I work all week, so it would have to be over the weekend, but we might be able to squeek in a quick evening test depending on where you are.

I live in San Jose and work in Livermore.

Comment

Are you sure you're not a cop John? Cause I've been posting here how I race and squeeze nitrous. hehehe...check ur pm.

Comment

Working...
                  X