Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a clutch problem or Tranny Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a clutch problem or Tranny Problem?

I was at a red light, on a hill, so I rev my rpms around 2k, let off the clutch and the engine just reved, I gave it some more gas, the rpms shot up but I was moving back, by the way it was in first gear, I pushed the clutch in, let the rpm's settle, then slowly took off and it pulled fine, I have also noticed when pulling out of 1st in to 2nd if the rpms are to high 2nd with just rev until the rpms lower to 2k then it catches and takes off....crappy clutch or bad tranny????

DaPro
    94 Protege DX SOHC 1.8l 5 Speed
    (DaPro)

its better to wait and save then to waste money on crap to get you by....

clutch, if it were the tranny all ya would hear is grinding from the gear trying to catch

Comment

I had the clutch changed just over a year ago, I purchased it from autozone $109.99, I figured it would be cheap but i had no clue it would go out after a year...
      (DaPro)

Comment

I would say it's the clutch and you should never trust that autozone crap. I got the same one and it's on it way out.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
        98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

make sure you adjust the cable to make sure it's engaging first...
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I have had 4 Autozone clutches in the last year/year and a half. they SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
              make sure you adjust the cable to make sure it's engaging first...
              our clutchs are self adjusting hydrolic, you can only adjust pedal freeplay inside the car.
              '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
              Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I don't buy autozone parts anymore, I use a local parts place here, It was supposed to get me by, it was winter and no garage at my disposal or i would have bought a better one, I think I will start to shop for a different on now...any suggests....

DaPro
                (DaPro)

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                  our clutchs are self adjusting hydrolic, you can only adjust pedal freeplay inside the car.
                  Originally posted by TheMAN
                  cable? wtf are you thinking? are you sure you owned a protege before?

blah, not cable, bolt...

im talking about the freeplay... if you set it wrong, it'll never full engage/disengage depending on where you set it.
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                  X