Tranny swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny swap?

So with research on swapping in a lsd, I have come up with a new question. Will the third gen 2.0L tranny (G15M-R) bolt to the bp (G25M-R) block. My research also shows that the 2.0L trannies gears are taller. PLEASE... anyone?
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

wouldn't it be easier to just swap the tranny gears? All G-series gears interchange from what I have read.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Wow this is very interesting.

You know when I was changing my oil on my P5 I noticed that the engine mounts, wires, shift linkage, tanny mounts, axles, etc...( basically the entire engine bay almost) looks exactly like the BP motor on a Protege/323.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        wouldn't it be easier to just swap the tranny gears? All G-series gears interchange from what I have read.
        he wants it for the lsd NOT the gears
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

I found a tranny from the j/y but they want 1500 bucks. Holly ****!!!! So does anyone know where to get an msp lsd? I talked to one of the dealers that my shop deals with and they said they would need a vin and the old diff. So does anyone have any idea of anyother place to get one? Plus they still wanted $650 for it.
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

650 is the lowest i have found....and thats from the mazdaspeed dealer
            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.