CAI where do buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAI where do buy?

where is the cheapest place to get a CAI? ebay is pretty damn cheap, but i was wondering where you guys got yours, im straped for cash rite now, and the cheaper the better....thnx
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

Originally posted by white lightning
    where is the cheapest place to get a CAI? ebay is pretty damn cheap, but i was wondering where you guys got yours, im straped for cash rite now, and the cheaper the better....thnx
    A true CAI for a 1st gen has to be custom made so= $$
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

just buy some piping and make your own, then it'll be exactly what you want.
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

i was thinkin of a mx-3 CAI and that will fit, i know for a fact....but shippin is a bitch....

Comment

and if i was to make a custom one, where can i get the pipes, and what bout those hoses and crap that all fit to it, i dont know what i would do with it...

Comment

www.JCwhitney.com

2.5" ID "U" Bend Aluminumized Tubing

then go here
            http://www.mazdaracer.wihandyman.com/airintake.html

and here
            http://www.mazdaracer.wihandyman.com/coldairintake.html

Comment

what is that jbweld **** and how much does it cost....thanks mazdaracer, that helped alot...!

Comment

Originally posted by white lightning
                what is that jbweld **** and how much does it cost....thanks mazdaracer, that helped alot...!
                if i was you, i'd stay away from the mx3 cai. i have that and the vaf would hit the bottom of the hood and top of the distributor. sometimes it would be so bad that it would pop off one of the spark plug wires. of course this is on an mx3 so i would not know if it was gonna hit your hood or not.
                Mods: BP engine,exhintake cam w/ obx cam gears, exhaust (2.25" piping, cherry bomb resonator, magnaflow muffler), intake (mx-3 sohc CAI), Pacesetter 4-2-1 header, RX7 maf, MSD blaster coil 2, NGK iridiums, NGK wires, custom ground wire kit, Milano spoke 15" rims, black altezza tails

need to install: e-spec headlights, clear turn signal housing, pacesetter adjustable short show shifter, sprint springs

BP Powered Mx-3=

Honda (not disrespecting lscrx)

Comment

JBweld can be found at any parts store (autozone, pepboys) it's a 2 part application, like epoxy. Costs like ~$5 red and black w/white tubes. Should find it with the body work supplies.

Comment

cold air intake.... sheesh.. here, easier way to do it, remove one battery cable, unplug the airflow meter, take the bottom portion of the air box off the chassis, throw it in your trunk or garage, get the biggest sized zipties you have, and connect about 3 of them, and strap the filter straight to the top of the air box... oh yeah.. i also removed the black plastic thing (with no opening) on top of the radiator off, and the intake tubing that bolted into the fender, and i also removed all under car plastic guards... i felt a difference =) dont know about you but i liked it.. it was louder indeed

Comment

Originally posted by johnboi85
                      if i was you, i'd stay away from the mx3 cai. i have that and the vaf would hit the bottom of the hood and top of the distributor. sometimes it would be so bad that it would pop off one of the spark plug wires. of course this is on an mx3 so i would not know if it was gonna hit your hood or not.
                      You have the two bends mixed up. I had mine that that for awhile. Just flip it around and it works perfect. The MX-3 CAI is pretty SWEET!!! Cardomain for pics...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

The answer to your question. (Try "Search" next time.)
                        Last edited by ProtoRice; 02-22-2005, 01:19 PM.
                        1992 Mazda Protege DX
                        Tropical Emerald Metallic - limited mods

Click Here to visit my CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by hienishere
                          cold air intake.... sheesh.. here, easier way to do it, remove one battery cable, unplug the airflow meter, take the bottom portion of the air box off the chassis, throw it in your trunk or garage, get the biggest sized zipties you have, and connect about 3 of them, and strap the filter straight to the top of the air box... oh yeah.. i also removed the black plastic thing (with no opening) on top of the radiator off, and the intake tubing that bolted into the fender, and i also removed all under car plastic guards... i felt a difference =) dont know about you but i liked it.. it was louder indeed
                          If you ditch the bottom of the airbox you lose the ability to bolt down the top half, what you need to do is take the bottom half and cut away the bottom so you just have a rim for the filter to sit in. That way you can still bolt it down and not have your VAF flopping around, i've done that to both Melissa and my Protege... a Dremel makes it much easier.
                          Attached Files
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X