'04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

dave u get all the stuff u need.. and we will be able 2 install it

Comment

if you're asking a question like this, honestly, its over your head.
        91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by JGSlayer
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by JGSlayer
            yeah, I figured if he reads all the crap in the "How to turbo your BP" thread then it'll probably scare him off of it for a while
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Who cares whos head it is over. He asked if it is hard not who has a stupid opinion. If its over his head and he f's it up it is his problem. (Right) Its not yours is it. Thats right another "No" answer. So leave him do to his car as he want.

Peace

Comment

It's a subjective question. What's hard for one person may be very easy to another. It all depends on your current mechanical knowledge, learning capeabilities and comprehension skills. If he had taken the time to research it a little more he could have very easily seen what is involved in installing a turbo. He could have then made his own deduction as to weather or not it would be easy or hard for him to do.

There is much, much more involved in installing a turbo than just bolting it to the exhaust manifold. First, you need to know what your doing. Second you need to understand how a forced induction system works. Lastly you need to know how to make it work properly and reliably.
                Very first step
                An extension to the first step
                You also need to know this...
                And definately this...
                Buy this book

Now when you do all of that and have specific questions, not just "how hard is it?" go here
                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

well i talked 2 him ... let him know how 2 search... he dindt know how 2 do it before..

Comment

I'm with Marc on this one. If you wanna do a turbo setup get your hands on Maximum Boost by Corky Bell before you do anything. It will literally answer 90% of the questions that come up when planning a turbo setup. Plus Corky's a pretty cool guy. He does a lot of stuff for Miatas.

93' 5spd DX
                    R.I.P

Comment

but if we were to leave him to do what he wants to his car, then realy no one should answer his question, since doing so will influence what he does to his car.

oh and exactly why I made a how-to on how to search and get better results.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Oh, it's actually very easy. Save up a lot of money, take it to a customization shop, and say "Turbo it!". Come back in several weeks, and poof! Turbo........

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

better not be paying alot if it takes them several weeks.....
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Don't know how much it costs, and probably will never find out.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Working...
                            X