bleeding the clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleeding the clutch

alright.... after my engine swap, I tested my clutch, and realized it wasn't working... fearful that the throwout bearing fell off or something after I installed the tranny on the motor, I went over to the engine bay and looked around to make sure nothing fell off, then I realized that the clutch reservoir was practically dry. It probably had a ton of air in the line (the brakes were a little low but okay). I bought a stainless steel line anyway, so I removed the old line and installed the new one. Now however, I can't seem to bleed the damn thing for the life of me.

I've tried pumping the clutch with the one man brake bleeder things, and now I've tried using a vacuum pump on it, but I just keep getting air bubbles. I think I've probably not torqued the clutch pipe correctly or something, and air's getting in somewhere... regardless, it's driving me nuts.

How the hell am I supposed to do this? Should I have teflon taped the clutch pipe fittings? I didn't see any on them so I figured I shouldn't.
    Ask me about engine management!

I think I might have a blown seal or something in either my master or slave cylinders.... there's no way it should be this much of a pain in the ass to bleed the system.

Comment

Here's the FSM way of doing it.
      Attached Files

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

yeah that's what I've done...... I think the slave cylinder is leaking in air or something. The pipe'll bleed fine, but when I hook up the slave cylinder, I just keep getting little air bubbles, and no pedal resistance.

My dad and I pulled the slave cylinder apart, and the piston was sticking. Even after cleaning it, it still sucks. Damnit... I'm so poor right now, I don't wanna have to spend another 40 bucks on a new slave cyl., but I think I have to.

Comment

Most of the parts stores carry slave cylinder rebuild kits. They run about $12.
          Attached Files

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

you could buy the whole thing like for $25-$30
            ANGEL

Comment

yeah, I'm asking around at mx-3.com

too poor to buy the pro tranny when I did my BP swap

Comment

Working...