I need help with boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with boost

well i got a 1990 lx and want to boost but i really cant aford new internals how much boost can stock 1.8dohc hold?

depends how big the turbo is i would imagine
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

The record is 400 on ric's miata stock bottom end AFAIK.

(1.8 Miata uses the same BP series motor)

In a FWD getting close to that will mean alot of suspension work to get the power to the ground.

Tell us your power goals and we'll tell you which turbo would be best for your application.

Oh and doesnt this belong in the F/I section?
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Yes. Read the first thread. I took time to write up for people like you.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
          Yes. Read the first thread. I took time to write up for people like you.
          well worth the read too.

Post back if you have any questions after reading the thread.

Comment

in looken for about 225 at the wheels and the turbo i looken to buy is off and 240sx\sr20det because my friend will give it to me for 120 with side mount.

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

thats not too bad.... what size is the SMIC? I know the ca18dett SMIC is a bit small, but still works pretty good for a stock setup.

and any idea on how many miles on the turbo?

Comment

it can hold up to 18+ as long as your fuel and management is right...than u can probrably get up to 25.

Comment

well im not geting it no more get a 16g with 450s for 140 and the turbo had 30000 on it thanks a lot everyone

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    The record is 400 on ric's miata stock bottom end AFAIK.

(1.8 Miata uses the same BP series motor)

In a FWD getting close to that will mean alot of suspension work to get the power to the ground.

Tell us your power goals and we'll tell you which turbo would be best for your application.

Oh and doesnt this belong in the F/I section?
                    Um that record has been beat by 50hp now. MA-ZE a MX-3 owner is/was running 25 psi on stock internals boosting to 450hp.

This is his old dyno were he is at 425 at 22psi I think...

Attached Files

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                      Um that record has been beat by 50hp now. MA-ZE a MX-3 owner is/was running 25 psi on stock internals boosting to 450hp.

This is his old dyno were he is at 425 at 22psi I think...

i believe it, technically i only spun a bearing. It was from over revving im sure the internals held fine.
                      00 dakota 4x4
                      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

wow. Good to know that the bar has been raised yet again.

Comment

Working...
                        X