light of " HOLD " in the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light of " HOLD " in the board

I need to know the reason for which the " hold " indicator in the board stays intermittent.
    my car is an it protects 92, 1.8L, DOHC, automatic

thank you

is the hold button pressed on the shifter? Does the hold feature still work on your tranny? Is the "hold" button stuck?

Comment

no, the light blinks intermittently since the vehicle is started

Comment

short? The best thing you could do is trace the wire and find out what's going on. It may just have a short.
        1992 Mazda Protege DX
        Tropical Emerald Metallic - limited mods

Click Here to visit my CarDomain page

Comment

My 94 blinked it's hold light on a really cold morning. It wouldn't let me shift into gear for the first 10-15 seconds that the car was running, just kept blinking the hold light. After it stoped blinking and shifted into gear i shut off and started the car, but it didn't do it again. It only happened to me that one time.

Comment

Originally posted by ProtoRice
            short? The best thing you could do is trace the wire and find out what's going on. It may just have a short.

you didn't discover to that was

Comment

There are two TSBs about the "HOLD" light on the FAQ.
              Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
              you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

I found something there, but I need to know that it is PCME

Comment

If what happened in my 94 is any indicator, it isn't worth the trouble. I never had that light appear. Then, one day, I slapped the dashboard hard with my hand for who know what reason, I can't remember. Then, the light came on and off and the problem never went away.

Comment

The transmission control computer is reading a fault. I don't really have the specifics on how to read the codes, though.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Blinking Hold light codes

Found this on atxprobes.com
                      Although they use the 4EAT-G/G4A-EL.

Our cars have the Service Connector underhood, and IIRC it does have a 'TAT' port. Would grounding it directly do harm or is is the same effect as with the 'TEN' connector? And net me a code? Or does an analog meter still need to be used as a jumper?

Found a link(http://www.pdfgeni.com/book/f4a-el-pdf.html) with a few interesting tid bits in it, mostly PDFs and a lot are just parts lists. But IIRC the ATRA link is on it as well as a few 'upgrades'.
                      -Michael
                      '90 Protege SE
                      Originally posted by charles
                      It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt

Comment

Working...
                      X