Rebuilt the engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt the engine!

HI guys, i am rebuilding the engine, and i need the toruqe specs... for thightenning everything on the engine also i will like to thighten the connecting rods with plastic gauge, so i need tha clearance needed...this is for real guys i need help and dont have service manuals near by!...
    Every help will be apreciated... thanks...
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

I think someone posted up a link to a manual once. I don't know where it is though!

Comment

The sooner you go out and get yourself a manual, the better. Are you going to do a standard rebuild, or add some performance?

Comment

I have a copy of the manual... but it's a really large file.
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

just buy a haynes book for 13 bucks

Comment

^They suck. Get a FSM.
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
              ^They suck. Get a FSM.
              werd, FSM >>>>>> Haynes Manual
              '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
              '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
              '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
              '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
              '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
              '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I know you are not asking for suggestions but if you are rebuilding for performance you should get a stroker kit from flyin Miata. It will turn it into a 2.0L. I would really like to see someone put that kit into a protege engine. I am planning to do it but not for awhile, after I get my suspension and body work done. That's my opinion even though you didn't ask for it.
                Back in BG business.

Comment

Where can you get the FSM? I have the Haynes... and it serves it's purpose, but everyone says the FSM is so much better...
                  1992 Mazda Protege DX
                  Tropical Emerald Metallic - limited mods

Click Here to visit my CarDomain page

Comment

ebay.com/half.com

I got a FSM for like 12 bux shipped b/c IM an ebay whore like that.
                    Last edited by D323; 04-08-2005, 03:29 PM.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                      ebay.com/half.com

I got a FSM for like 12 bux shipped b/c IM an ebay whore like that.
                      half.com? is there an ISBn number for the FSM?

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                        I have a copy of the manual... but it's a really large file.
                        Is it uploaded somewhere? I dont care even if its 1GB
                        I need manual for 323 sedan, B6-E but cant find it anywhere
                        One day you are born,
                        The next big milestone
                        you discover go zoom-zoom
                        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                          half.com? is there an ISBn number for the FSM?
                          nope sorry just check from time to time.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Well guys i live in Panamá *Central America, a little biyt far from a hanes manual, if i want to make some mods... i am thinking in adding, Nissan CA18 pistons, they are also 83. mm but they are almost flat on top, raise a little of compression...they have already done it into a BP also, but i race against that car...and smoke him...but anyway it seems a good idea to me....with the head shaved almost to max...it had 185 psi...in the four cilinders...mine is a 94 first gen...
                            LSCRX, do you have msn, so you can send that info through my mail?...i will be very help full! Thanks
                            94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

Guys, i have sent the block to the workshop. im putting protege oversize pistons...0.50, with engine worn and never done a rebuilt, (car of 94, 10 years old) i did a compression check and it marked 185 psi, now with the oversize pistons, and new piston rings im wondering to see at least 195... an increase in 10 psi.. and another question i have an O2 sensor but with 4 wires, can some one tell me about this wires...

Comment

Working...
                              X