update on MX-3 swap... still problems, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update on MX-3 swap... still problems, please help

well, I'm still working on the vacuum leak, because of the retarded design of the injector port seals... My friend and I are thinking about fitting high temp o-rings to replace the hard plastic insulators that seem to be giving me such a hard time.

Other than that, I fitted a new slave cylinder to the transmission and my dad and I figured out a way to pressure bleed the system, so that seemed to work for the most part, but what I'm left wondering is how far is the cylinder supposed to actuate? It doesn't seem to move all that much at all. Could someone look at theirs and tell me how much their's moves? Mine seems to move maybe about 9 or 10 mm, which doesn't seem like much at all

Final question: I pulled the spark plugs to clean them off, since my engine's been running so rich, and I took a picture of them. They smell very strongly of fuel, obviously, and the tips are pretty caked in carbon (too slow a burn from the richness?)

anyway, the picture:

I don't know what the black gunk on the threads (and a slpotch on the paper) is.... carbon? oil?

The pistons seem to have a chunk of carbon on them... is that a Very Bad Thing (TM)? I figure I'll pour some seafoam in the spark plug holes tonight (just a little bit) and blast it out tomorrow.... But only after I check with you guys... dunno if that'd be a good idea.

Input?
    Ask me about engine management!

wow that blows... I am stumped dood.....

good luck on finding the solution.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

when i put in myu bpt i put NGK V Power racing spark plugs....with a 7 heat range. try those if u havent already

Comment

oil on thread means valve cover gasket leak
        Mods: BP engine,exhintake cam w/ obx cam gears, exhaust (2.25" piping, cherry bomb resonator, magnaflow muffler), intake (mx-3 sohc CAI), Pacesetter 4-2-1 header, RX7 maf, MSD blaster coil 2, NGK iridiums, NGK wires, custom ground wire kit, Milano spoke 15" rims, black altezza tails

need to install: e-spec headlights, clear turn signal housing, pacesetter adjustable short show shifter, sprint springs

BP Powered Mx-3=

Honda (not disrespecting lscrx)

Comment

yeah, I figured that....

is it oil? I guess so... kinda smells like that.... at least it's the valve cover gasket and not the head gasket
          Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Working...
          X