performance mods for 1.6L???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

performance mods for 1.6L???

ok I searched around is there any performance mods I can do to my 1.6L 8 Valve 82HP motor?? other than intake and exhaust??
    Fully kitted, Sparco seats, 17 inch AR rims, JDM parts to the MAX, Dropped 2 inchs, 10.1 inch MX3 GS big brake, Custom Copper paint, CF Hood, RESIDENT MAZDA PARTS GUY! I Work For Agincourt Mazda

set the timing to 14 degrees instead of 7 & clean up your rocker arm assemblies...
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

should I be sticking 91 Octain in it after the advanced timming??
      Fully kitted, Sparco seats, 17 inch AR rims, JDM parts to the MAX, Dropped 2 inchs, 10.1 inch MX3 GS big brake, Custom Copper paint, CF Hood, RESIDENT MAZDA PARTS GUY! I Work For Agincourt Mazda

Comment

ditch the b6e for a BP or a b6t.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

you really shouldn't need to bump the octane up really at all
          89 would be safe tho. if you notice pinging then upgrade octane.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ok sounds good! thanx! and yea I will put in the B6T once this engine goes! anyone know where I can get one for a good price in the Toronto area??

Comment

local importer or look around online... there are quite a few good deals for the b6t since its less desired (opposed to BPT and stuff)
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X