• Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine coolant sensor / water temp

i was wondering if this is the plug for the engine coolant sensor

heres where it came from

also i was wondering wtf this thing is underneath it

Yeah... thats the coolant temp sensor.
    What do they call the sensor that screws directly into the goosneck?
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Yes that's the Water temp sensor.

CBlaze, if you mean the thermostate housing by "gooseneck", it's the Water Thermoswitch. It's what controlls the turn on and off of your thermofans.
      BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

i was not 100% sure it was the themp sensor, now i'm sure. and the one on the back near the oil filter on the gtx its the kock sensor right??
        2012 Kia rio
        2009 Nissan Frontier
        1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

There are two sensors on the back of the GTX engine. One is the knock sensor...it's the highest one of the two. Located directly between 2&3 cylinders.

The 2nd is the oil pressure switch. If i remember correctly the oil pressure switch has a yellow/red stripe wire. The knock sensor has a plain black wire (it's thicker than the pressure switch and connot be removed off the sensor).
          BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ROB-80E
            There are two sensors on the back of the GTX engine. One is the knock sensor...it's the highest one of the two. Located directly between 2&3 cylinders.

The 2nd is the oil pressure switch. If i remember correctly the oil pressure switch has a yellow/red stripe wire. The knock sensor has a plain black wire (it's thicker than the pressure switch and connot be removed off the sensor).
            correct! and the oil pressure switch has 2 parts you can seperate it from.
            00 dakota 4x4
            90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

thanks guys
              2012 Kia rio
              2009 Nissan Frontier
              1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Working...
              X