The latest problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest problem

So I was coming home from school... stopped at a stop light, I was feeling giddy. So light turns green and I just opened her up and had my way with her. I get the the next light and I hear this loud ticking/knocking sound. So I got the car to my shop and ripped the head apart. Come to find out, I had destroyed a HLA. So I took the cams out and replace/cleaned them. I had a spare set so it wasn't a big deal. Well I perceeded to install parts and what not untill I was sure it was safe to start. Fired the thing up and it was a hundred times worse than when I sarted. SO I took everything back apart. The problem ended up being that I didn't prime the hla's. So I got it back together and the son-of-a-bitch wouldn't start. I messed with the timing and reprogrammed the safc and bam it started. At first it ran really ruff and I could still hear it tick and a new noise. The damn thing was knocking. So I shut it off. Got really pissed, drank a cup of coffee, and tried agian. I did some more tuning with the safc and the damn thing runs better than it ever did. I think I am still going to have to replace the head, but atleast I can do that once I have the money to.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

glad you got it running again - I hate those "o ****" feelings you get in your gut when a bad noise starts

Comment

this must be the GTX Take a **** month. Everyones GTX's are acting funny..

Comment

More reasons for me to stay BP and turbo that! :p:
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

If i could do it all over agian, Id buy a spare bp block and build it. It wouldn't cost that much more and it would be faster and more reliable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
            If i could do it all over agian, Id buy a spare bp block and build it. It wouldn't cost that much more and it would be faster and more reliable!!!
            Hey you read my mind!
            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

That's why Im keeping my BP block and head

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                more reasons to get solid lifters
                Thats what I plan to do w/ my n/a head.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                  Thats what I plan to do w/ my n/a head.
                  Whats the advantage to solid lifters?! And i assume i need to pull them from a newer miata/protege that has em?

Comment

Working...
                  X