GTX/R ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX/R ecu

I need a gtx/r turbo ecm! i have installed a turbo on my 93 protege but the ecm is what i belive is what is holding me back because when i get above 6 psi of boost the engine spudders realy bad.. so i am thinking that it is the ecu saying what the **** or i just need an ignition up grade.. does anyone have any experience in this problem.. or know where i could get a gtx/r ecu
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

I am running close to 10 psi of boost on the stock EGT NA (EGT = protege LX) ECU without sputtering issues ... so the ECU should not be an issue. Give us a bit more info on the setup - what VAF you running, injectors, turbo .... etc

Comment

This should also be in the Forced Induction Section. But Ya man, you still running stock injectors?

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now...
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

gtx and gtr ecu's are two different brains. the fuelcurves will totally be different. along with the the fuel delivery is sequential on the gtr and not on the gtx.

you have a te04h turbo? isn't that one of the twins off a 3kgt? if so that thing is smaller then a vj20! your stock injectors whould supply enuf fuel for that and the boost it can make easily. do you have an a/f gauge? do you have a timing light? you could just be overspooling it at 6psi. i know that the stock 3kgt runs about 12-15psi but remember that is produced by two turbo's not one.

NEUMAN

Comment

the te04h is a turbo off of a 2.5l la baron so i dont belive that it is too small for a 1.8l but the 2.5 is a sohc and mine is a dohc but i dont think that would make too much of a diff to were i am over spool in the turbo at 7 psi.... so what is your set-up?? do you have any ignition or fuel control??

Comment

so good news i did some street tuning on my car this weekened and i am now boosting 8 psi with almost no problems..... turns out i needed to advance my timing and that got rid of the cut out problem but then i had a little spark nock..... turned up the fuel pressure and that problem is now gone also...... i also gapped the spark plugs at .030" so it is doing pretty good now... i think that i am going to race my friends slightly modded integra! i think its a gs-r?

Comment

Working...
              X