Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil fill whit EGT tranny ...

Hi,

I do a search to find out how and see that thread : http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...5&page=1&pp=15

I have the same problem 1.8DOHC said (Last page):

I know it looks the same but it's not, the tab that you have is connected to the gear housing, the thing that looks like a tab on mine is actually the tranny, trust me, I wish my set-up was like yours but it's not. Another difference is the spedo cable assy. Your spedo cable threads onto the gear housing (good design) mine has a balck plastic thing that sits in that hole in the top and the cable fits into that and is secured with a special cotter pin clip (bad design) I'm temped to take the car to the dealer for a gear oil change to see what happens.

Thanks for help!

If I can, I will try to take other pic. But this one show (Top left) the speedo ...

Bolt and "C" clip is remove. Black plastic thing (Because mine is not thread onto gear housing) is "pop" out ... But I see only a small hole where speedo cable go.

YUpp, pull the speedo cable out of the trans, put a long hose down and into that hole, fill till it is just over the speedo gear, you have to keep popping it in and out of the gearbox to do a level test.

cheers
    Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdamp5
      YUpp, pull the speedo cable out of the trans, put a long hose down and into that hole, fill till it is just over the speedo gear, you have to keep popping it in and out of the gearbox to do a level test.

cheers
      Oh yeah, don't waste your time with any other gearbox oils, just spend the money and put in redline synthetic, works much better
      Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

Working...
      X