Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost top end power, more mid range power, didn't do anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost top end power, more mid range power, didn't do anything!

Strange things are happening with my engine...

I went at some place in the afternoon on tuesday and 2 hours later drove back home and the car seemed to have less top end power, little more mi-range and now has a throatier sound. Just as if someone played with timing. But I only parked the car for 2 hours.

Any ideas?

I'll be checking timing and timing belt/cam gears for something wrong this week-end... any other things I should check?

I don't really understand what's happening...

Aftermarket intake worked its way to the edge of the tube and finally fell off?

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      Aftermarket intake worked its way to the edge of the tube and finally fell off?
      Nah... my air filter was old and I changed it yesterday and it's not better.

Comment

Catylic convetrter clogged? O2 Sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
          Catylic convetrter clogged? O2 Sensor?
          Humm yeah never thought it could be the cat... good opportunity to bolt on a test pipe! hehehe

Comment

Indeed...Might i recommend one fo these:

Ive had one for..a year now, Absolutely NOOOO complaints. fits perfect isnt loud, and the top end is superb!! only problem i had with it is when i didnt have a Flex pipe on my exh and the motor pulled one of the welds apar, but that was my fault. hopefully u still have a flex pipe on your exhaust, cuz u WILL need it.

Comment

Ive had one for..a year now, Absolutely NOOOO complaints. fits perfect isnt loud, and the top end is superb!! only problem i had with it is when i didnt have a Flex pipe on my exh and the motor pulled one of the welds apar, but that was my fault. hopefully u still have a flex pipe on your exhaust, cuz u WILL need it.
              Nice! But I tink I'll be making my own pipe since I'm going turbo soon (hopefully) and don't wann invest too much for N/A parts.

Comment

Its not a NA part, its for both...its located after the Downpipe, i believe its 2.5" cant remember. But if your using a 3" exh for your turbo, than i guess it wold be a waste..

Comment

Its not a NA part, its for both...its located after the Downpipe, i believe its 2.5" cant remember. But if your using a 3" exh for your turbo, than i guess it wold be a waste..
                  3" all the way baby!!

Comment

Whats scary is that i never found that myself! Umm just wondering. I have a stock exhaust still and i DO have the flex part so will this fit my stock exhaust without issues? I wonder if it comes with gaskets hmm....
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Yea u get gaskets and everything. And it fits perfectly...on the OEM exhaust hangers and everything.

*served by maz1.8t's 3 all the way" good luck on whatever u do.

Comment

Well don't know what happened but the engine is back to normal now...

Comment

Working...
                        X