Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump compatibility (Ford - Mazda)

Hi, ( Sorry for my english )

Swap done : 1.8 dohc (from '91 Tracer LTS) is in my '92 323. It start and seem to work well!

I read that 1.8l DOHC fuel pump need to be put in to have all "power". Can I take the fuel pump from the Tracer LTS I use to do the swap (I got the complete car) ? It will fit into the 323 ? (Ford -> Mazda)

Thanks!

should fit, but couldn't tell you if the wiring is different.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

knowing ford, the wiring probably is different. like the fuel rail and other crap. but who knows? try it and find out....and does the tracer still have the grille,lights, and front bumper? if so you wanna sell them to me?
      1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Thanks for infos... I will test it this week and keep you update!

Originally posted by T4TURBO
        ...and does the tracer still have the grille,lights, and front bumper? if so you wanna sell them to me?
        Yes all body part are available. Everything need to be sold (Tracer). I didn't create topic here (wihandyman.com) because of the shipping, but if you want them, just send me an offer!

P.S: My location is Quebec/Canada

Comment

could you get me pics of the front end on that tracer?

send them to:

t4turbo2000@yahoo.com

if they look good then i'll take them.

how bout $30 USD for the headlights.grille,bumper? shipping is gonna be crazy and i dont know how valuble these parts are to you, so lets make that the 1st offer
          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

UPDATE

I got time this week end to try ...

Connector and mounting method are different from each other. I think because it's a '91 vs '92. But it's easy to modify to fit. Mazda fuel pump use a clean connector vs Tracer use 2 "normal" connector, but it the same 2 wire. Just use wire from both and got a Mazda/Ford combo. To mount fuel pump to the assembly, I just don't use the lower metal braket (Filter is to big to replace the bracket) but add extrat support to be sure it not moving. Reinstall fuel pump assembly into car and start the car. Run great I'll do a test drive soon to test the difference between those 2 pumps ...

Sorry again for my english ...

Comment

I got a fuel pump from a 1.8L DOHC car. PM me with an offer if interested.
              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
              X