Hot shifter area normal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot shifter area normal?!

Topic says it all. My shifter area is a bit warm/hot and was wondering if thats normal from maybe the cat/exhaust being in that area or is my tranny going poopy and running hot?!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

mine gets hot there after a good hard drive, my roomates old 323 would be scorching hot after a 6 hour road trip, i assumed this is normal
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I melted my old plastic knob.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

more than likely you have an exhaust leak or your exhaust hangers are bent moving the exhaust too close to the car
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^ haha thats why my scort is so loud and gets so hot
          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Exhaust leak? mmmm no. But yeah maybe the hangers are a bit off. I will be in that area soon when i get those shifter bushings so i can check then!
            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
            X