Which axle shafts to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which axle shafts to buy?

I have a 94 base protege and i need to get a new right axle shaft. It has been popping for a while now and It needs to get done. I've been looking around on the internet and I have a couple choices.

Autozone has CGK CV HALFSHAFT (NEW) for $109, Valuecraft CV HALFSHAFT (REMANUFACTURED) for $49.99 with a $15 core charge, and CCT CV HALFSHAFT (REMANUFACTURED) for $64.99 with a $40 core charge.

Advanced Auto Parts has CGK CV HALFSHAFT (NEW) for $89.99 with a $40 core charge, Cardone CV HALFSHAFT (NEW) for $89.99, and Cardone CV HALFSHAFT (REMAN) for $81 with a $45 core charge.

To break down the above above; it's $90 for a new axle shaft and $50-$65 for a remanufactured shaft? I was told to stay away from remanufactured axle shafts, is that good advice? Anybody have any input as far as brand or should any of these be as good as the other?

Right now it seems to only be the right shaft that needs replacing and $90 isn't a lot, but if I need to do both than it's $180(NEW) versus $120(REMAN).
    2005 Mazda 3

get a BRAND NEW axle from autozone....they have a life time warrenty
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.