Miata short block swap!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miata short block swap!!

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.
    Last edited by weelyweels; 07-08-2005, 11:32 PM.
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Little red X.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

lol nice pool
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

ok sorry about that guys

can you guys get in to the link that is there now??
        Last edited by weelyweels; 07-09-2005, 01:34 AM.
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

i am puttung a miata short block into my protege... the miata is suppose to only have like 30k miles on it and it looks like it you can still see the cross hatching on the cylinder walls and the block is pretty clean... the protege engine was starting to have problems like it smokes like no other...goes through coolant fast... and burns and leaks oil badly!! there are a few other problems like when i did a compression test i got 150psi/cyl 1, 130psi/cyl 2, 132psi/cyl 3 and 90psi/cyl 4. ... as i inspected the miata block i had noticed that it has forged everything!! pistons, con rods, and crank!! it also has oil sprayers for the pistons. i am also trying to save as much money as i can whole doing this so i am going to use the miata oil pump and water pump and housing...so far i have ran int to a few problems with doing this but it wasnt any thing that i cant fix. on the front right side of the engine there is a place for the motor mount to bolt to but there is part of the water pump houding that is in the way of the motor mount bracket.... this was solved with a cut-off wheel... the next problem that i had was timing belt idler pull bolt is different lengths between the 2 engines miata's s longer than the protege's. while i am talking about that area.. i am also going to use the miata timing belt covers and polished valve cover... i am not to sure what kinda shape my cyl head is in but i might have to go and find a new head for the project.. does anyone know what is in pic 142?? i know coolant line are goint throw it but i am not sure what it is... i was thinking that it is some type of thermostatic switch of somesort... but i am damn tired so i am going to stop here....

let me know if there are any questions about it or if there is any thig that you would like to see a picture of....

Comment

can some one let me know if you can veiw those pics?

Comment

i see them. but i dont know what that thing is.

Comment

that thing in pic 142??

Comment

ya have you figured it out? any pics of the area it is in?
                  Last edited by silverchris; 07-10-2005, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I thought the BP in the Kia Sephia came with some cast stuff, or is that just a myth made out of hatred for Kias?
                    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      uhhh no BP *ever* came with forged pistons, forged rods and crank yes... all did

so i am must be having a stupid day or something cause i am geting lost in that one sentence..... are you saying that none had forged pistons but all had forged rods and cranks?? this is why i asumed thatit was all forged.... the casting lines on the crank and rods are very thin..... and the pistons are shap so somthing could be pressed on the entire bottem of it... but im just going off of stuf that i have been told over the past year that i have been into building cars..

Comment

Originally posted by silverchris1
                        ya have you figured it out? any pics of the area it is in?

it is under the main plenium(sp) on the intake... do you want me to ge some more pics of it....

Comment

does anyone know where to get a cheap t3 exhaust manifold or header for the bp??

Comment

I think he meant to say "uhhh no. *every* BP blah blah blah"
                            Ask me about engine management!

Comment

so what he is saying is that all bp's all had forged internals??

Comment

Working...
                              X