really curious..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really curious..

Now, my first car forum was a honda one, and granted I dont have a honda, I did learn alot from it. but then, i had a question.

I was reading about people doing sc or turbo builds with our cars (pros) and there is no mention of fuel management. granted, a turbo build can use the gtx ecu, so i understand that much, but what about s/c? from my previous knowledge the ecu will get reeally confused if the MAP sensor shows above atmospheric, thus screwing things up. how would one go about managing the fuel on a build like this? and what about spark maps? aftermarket ignition? I did a search but came up with nothing... im really curious.
    94 first gen pro

ummm... not much done to it. still runs @ 65k!

My favorite for a first-gen would definitetly be a full-standalone system. The flapper-door VAF of the first-gen ECU is a pretty limiting factor. It's very outdated technology (even at the time), to put it very simply. The stock system is OK with piggyback systems, but I think, for the best results, you should use a proper system, one with a MAP sensor.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

so does our stock ecu not have a map sensor?
      94 first gen pro

Comment

the vaf is not that bad off a system.... it is beter for everyday driver... but with a speed density system you must progam a new fuel and igniton map for every change that is made but the vaf is a slap stuff on a go..... maybe its not that easy but it is more forgivable than a speed density...... but i would go with s/d if it was an all out race car and i knew how to remap the computer because ther is no restrictions on incoming air flow.... and about the s/c thing... in relation to the ecu a s/c is the same thing as a turbo(more air)....
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by noodle
          so does our stock ecu not have a map sensor?
          No, it does not.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ahhhh! so, technically with an adjustable Raising rate fpr, and an adjusted airflow sensor a supercharged setup is very possible with just some minor timing adjustments? that makes things alot easier, because the systems i was reading about on hondas have a map sensor, making fi much much harder, because high manifold pressures confused the stock ecu.
            94 first gen pro

Comment

Working...
            X