fuel filter changed, now running rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filter changed, now running rich?

I mean, it makes sense, less obstruction=more fuel, etc etc... but shouldnt reseting the ecu fix this??!!

my idle is sitting at 1.5k, the exhaust suddenly smells like gas, and the car kinda boggs. any ideas? it didnt do any of this before i changed the fuel filter... could my o2 sensors be going bad all of a sudden? theres barely 60k on the car... help!
    94 first gen pro

ummm... not much done to it. still runs @ 65k!

Sometimes with old cars that have low milage, the gaskets are dried out and cracked. I dunno which gasket if any might cause that but who knows. Clogged cat maybe?
    94 Protege LX

Comment

I guess if i had a vacuum leak it might do that, but I just checked it and its sitting steady between 17 and 21 in hg depending on temperature.
      94 first gen pro

Comment

great, I bought a new fuel filter and now you got me worrying if this will happe to my car as well.
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob343
          great, I bought a new fuel filter and now you got me worrying if this will happe to my car as well.

well to make you feel better, I didn't have any negative effects of changing my fuel filter on my EGT.

Comment

Just unplug your battery for about 15 min. Make sure to disconnect both terminals.
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

We have all bought a product that is defective from the factory at one time or other. You could have bought one that is actually letting gas through with no filtering. That might increase the amount of gas the car is designed to get. Just my comment here. It may not even make sense since the difference between filter and no filter may be almost nothing.

Comment

oops... heh....

I left the tps cable and the IACV (i think, do we have one? it was the plug underneath the tps...) unplugged, making it idle funny and run rich... oops.

heh now I feel like an idiot.
                94 first gen pro

Comment

At least your car is fine, that's all that matters in the end

But next time make sure you use your "noodle" and double check everything...

Comment

<-idiot
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
                    X