Feedback on IPP's HP Engine Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on IPP's HP Engine Kit

What do you guys think of this for a BPT?

Shop Performance Mazda Engine Kits and high performance Mazda pistons, rods, flywheels, crankshafts, camshafts, gaskets & more. We ship worldwide.

seems like a good deal...considering the pistons alone are around 500 bucks....but i have no idea how much all that other stuff costs....so...cant tell u for sure
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

Comment

yes it is

Comment

No **** this company is like an hour from where I live. Looks like I'll be giving them a visit over the next couple weeks. Seeing as how I go through a couple quarts of oil every few weeks and was wanting to rebuild the engine in the near future anyway this seems liek a good place to start. I had no idea this place existed at all.
        Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Let me know if they seem for real! I've wanted to build up a forced induction ready BP instead of just getting a GTX motor which "may" take the power but the condition of motor is unknown unlike here where you will know EXACTLY whats up!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

What about connecting rods? I didn't see them listed, are they part of the piston package? Or can the stock CR's do the job no problem?

Comment

I have used IPP before. They do good work for their machining services. Very helpful too. Based on my experiences, I would feel confident buying anything they sell.
              Back in BG business.

Comment

The company is legit, they are where I ordered all of my rebuild stuff from, other than OEM. Good service, fast shipping. I had a good experience and will buy from them again. The package seems like a good deal, as the top line re-build kit is like 220 for gaskets rings and bearings. With that on top of the pistons (with whatever CR you want) you are getting performance bearings and rings. I might do that if I ever blow my BP, or when I do.

No the rods aren't part of the package. With that setup and stock rods the rods will go before the pistons will. Although ours can take a beating, if you are going that far might as well get new rods, at least find some B6T rods.

Comment

from what many have posted here stock rods are good for the stock VJ-20... any more power than that, go ahead and get some b6t (BF 323 GTX) or GTR rods.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

how much better are the pro H beam rods from corksport compared to the GTR rods? ... they are twice the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                      how much better are the pro H beam rods from corksport compared to the GTR rods? ... they are twice the price.
                      couldn't tell you. CS used them in their protege drag car.

I figure since your really dont need more than 350@ the front wheels, the GTR rods should be fine. But thats IMO.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I'm glad to hear this place is legit. I'm definately going to take a trip out there, maybe Saturday even.
                        Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

i got my hv oil pump from them. they do good buisness. if you call them they will answer any question that you ask.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                          X