No announcement yet.

air intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the H-box goes over the stock AFM outlet...for the RX-7 one it's about the same diameter as the outlet. What I did was use a rubber coupler, took off the rubber seal piece off the the H-box so that it's just the plastic teeth things, then fit the coupler on it(hard to do because the couple is smaller but it's a tight seal) and clamped on the thin solid part. Works great.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

helmoltz resonator(H-Box)- 4 ft. lbs of torque dyno prooven loss when removed.
      you choose to keep it or loose it. it is not a restriction it flows right through. it has a section for the TB idle air to be collected (thats the hosegoing to the TB)
      The VAF is a restriction not the H-box.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
        helmoltz resonator(H-Box)- 4 ft. lbs of torque dyno prooven loss when removed.
        you choose to keep it or loose it. it is not a restriction it flows right through. it has a section for the TB idle air to be collected (thats the hosegoing to the TB)
        The VAF is a restriction not the H-box.
        thank you everyone for all the input and now i know what it is and what it does
        02 msp clone gone but will never be forgotten

Comment

Working...
        X