• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPT swap in 323F 1.6 16v

What do I need to swap, donor car is 323GTX

yeah yeah know how to use search , but I'm lazy , it's for a friend
    1992 black & white GTR's :
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18023

If it's a 1.6 b6t then pull out b6t and drop in bpt and call it a day.

Comment

1.8 turbo
      1992 black & white GTR's :
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18023

Comment

B6t to BPT guide courtesy of mazda323performance and Corksport.

IMO they make it more complicated than it is. And that guide doesnt offer too much.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          B6t to BPT guide courtesy of mazda323performance and Corksport.

IMO they make it more complicated than it is. And that guide doesnt offer too much.
          isn't the 323F a BG chassis?
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
            isn't the 323F a BG chassis?
            I believe its similar to the BG chassis like the MX-3 (EC) is as well. As in you'd need to swap one or 2 mounts, but for the most part its pretty straight forward.
            Last edited by D323; 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, i was curious, cuz the link was for the BF chassis swap,what is the drive train setup pf the 323F? thats the main desiding factor
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                Ok, i was curious, cuz the link was for the BF chassis swap,what is the drive train setup pf the 323F? thats the main desiding factor
                Its in the title. 1.6 16v motor. I would assume its the same as the DOHC B6 found in late model MX-3 RS's.... making the swap oh so similar to the B6t ~>BPT conversion

Comment

i was bored
                  -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

As stated above, the 323F has nothing in common with a BF chasis, nor does it come with a B6T. There are no mounts that need to be changed, they are all standard the same as the BPT. Only thing you have to change is the fuel pump wire from the GTX loom into the 323F loom. You also may have to modify your radiator fan a little.
                    BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      n00b, the 323F has nothing in common with the BF
                      doing the B6-ZE to BP swap is as straight forward as doing a BP swap on a BG 323 hatchback!
                      so I was right with the second part, where you quoted me I did reference to the B6-ZE and which car they are commonly found in over here.

Comment

No not really, the B6 engine found in the BF chasis is quite different not only in mounts, to that found in the BG chasis.
                        BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ROB-80E
                          No not really, the B6 engine found in the BF chasis is quite different not only in mounts, to that found in the BG chasis.
                          I was referencing to the EC chassis MX-3 with the DOHC b6. I thought that it was closer to the BF, but I was corrected.

Comment

Working...
                          X