Cooling problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling problem...

My 93 se has one mother of an overheating problem. About a month ago I changed the cooling and taking out that plug by the exaust(Doing that I ripped half my nail off by catching it on the fan when the nut broke loose.)anyway... I broke the 'thermo switch' taking off the top hose to clean it out so I replaced it and my fan still doesn't work. And when I was refilling the collant it only took about 3.7 litres, when the manual says 5. I turned on my car to let it warm up and it just started to overheat, the fan never came on, and the pump never started flowing coolant. Any ideas on what to do? does that switch control the pump too? or am I just retarded? and as far as the car not taking anymore coolant, could it just be that it all didn't empty out? I did the pug in the block and the bottom of the rad, is there more?

any help would be great thanks

Yeah I kind the have a similar problem. My heater blows cold air instead. (Not looking foward to winter) And the fan is working almost all the time. I replaced the thermostat and tryed to pour the coolant as slow as possible but it seems to have air trapped in there. My Question is how do I get rid of it? there are no bleeders, I wish there was one....
    Any help appreciated...

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, I'll try that and we'll see what happens..

Thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by SleptWithURWife
        My 93 se has one mother of an overheating problem. About a month ago I changed the cooling and taking out that plug by the exaust(Doing that I ripped half my nail off by catching it on the fan when the nut broke loose.)anyway... I broke the 'thermo switch' taking off the top hose to clean it out so I replaced it and my fan still doesn't work. And when I was refilling the collant it only took about 3.7 litres, when the manual says 5. I turned on my car to let it warm up and it just started to overheat, the fan never came on, and the pump never started flowing coolant. Any ideas on what to do? does that switch control the pump too? or am I just retarded? and as far as the car not taking anymore coolant, could it just be that it all didn't empty out? I did the pug in the block and the bottom of the rad, is there more?

any help would be great thanks
        Wouldnt that just be a dead pump?
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

How can you tell if it's the pump?

Comment

Working...
          X