A few tuning questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few tuning questions!

It's almost time to go get my car tuned. The engine/turbo swap is now complete, just ironing out all the little problems. Now, am I safe taking my car to any dyno tuning place or do they have to specialize with Mazdas? Also, what exactly is involved in tuning the car? I know they mess with the VAF to straighten out the A/F ratio, but theres gotta be more to it! Do they adjust the ECU?

And last, but definately not least. Can the car be tuned with a broken knock sensor? As far as I know, when the knock sensor does not work properly, the ECU goes into safe mode. Will that affect the tuning?

Damn that's a lot of questions
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

tuning is exactly that...messing with fuel and ignition maps. Add a bit more fuel here, retard the timing there etc etc etc.
    Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
      tuning is exactly that...messing with fuel and ignition maps. Add a bit more fuel here, retard the timing there etc etc etc.
      So they don't physically mess with the ECU in any way?
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
      X