engine build up has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95pro
    why the double valve springs? you should only upgrade the valve springs if you're going with some aftermarket cams. if you are leaving the stock cams in, the stiffer valve springs could only hurt performance and your wallet. just my 2cents.
    didn't think about that...**** where's my head. thanks.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

As the guy before me already said. The stiffer valve springs with stock cams, ehh not so much. Now if you intend to have some crazy redline you'l need some stiffer springs.
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

I would strongly recommend you carefully check those lifters you are going to use. My BP looked great inside while I was rebuilding it, but still I had 10 bad out of 16 lifters. I put in a new set and almost 30k miles later (exactly one year ago), it is still running perfect. Unless you think there is a problem with the valves, I would reuse the valves and replace the lifters instead. Mazda lifters are notoriously bad.

Comment

Originally posted by John Long
          I would strongly recommend you carefully check those lifters you are going to use. My BP looked great inside while I was rebuilding it, but still I had 10 bad out of 16 lifters. I put in a new set and almost 30k miles later (exactly one year ago), it is still running perfect. Unless you think there is a problem with the valves, I would reuse the valves and replace the lifters instead. Mazda lifters are notoriously bad.
          my lfters in the car i drive now are still in a running car. the head is from the junk yard. i plan on replacing everything in the head but i plan on useing the lifters that are still in my running engine.
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I would strongly reccomend cleaning your HLA's at minimum anytime you plan to take the cams out. Or in general its good practice for an extensive tune up.
            Do a search & you should find a HOW-TO on cleaning your HLA's (hydrolic lifter assembly)
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
              I would strongly reccomend cleaning your HLA's at minimum anytime you plan to take the cams out. Or in general its good practice for an extensive tune up.
              Do a search & you should find a HOW-TO on cleaning your HLA's (hydrolic lifter assembly)
              noted.i acually have you thread on that bookmarked from when it was posted.lol.
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
              X