Q about VICS & boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q about VICS & boost

Does anyone know if the VICS flappers will create a bouncing to the boost guage. Basically what happens is that at low throttle the boost guage (which is hooked to the intake manifold) will go from 20Hg up to 10Hg. Than the needle will start to bounce. Also, when I hit higher boost levels, say 10psi, the needle will drop to about 4psi than fade to 0 or neutral pressure. I think I have a leak in my intake plumbing somewhere, but when I hit 10psi or higher the needle will also bounce. So I was woundering if that could be caused by the VICS?!?! Has anyone had this happen befor?
    Thanks
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Ive had this bouncing happen only when I had my boost gauge hooked up to a charged pipe before the TB. Since on the manifold, I get no bounce and I have a GTX manifold.

I dont think vics will cause boost flutter. I think your problem is that leak you mentioned. Once you hit a certain psi, it is enough pressure to force air out that of the leaky pipe in such a way that the gauge will flutter.

Comment

Thats about what Ive been thinking. I'll know tomorrow when I reconnect my lines.

Comment

the gtx manifold doesnt have the VICS system, does it?
        Seth
        2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by sfd
          the gtx manifold doesnt have the VICS system, does it?
          Nope, does not

Comment

I was curious becuase of the NA motor Ive been building.

Comment

Working...
            X