Converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converters

Anyone know of a 2.5" highflow converter, or for that matter, any 2.5" piece that would bolt onto the Protege's downpipe?

If not, any idea of where to get a 2.5" flange for the downpipe-converter connection?

I'm getting desperate as it's getting colder and the Miata's edgy in the rain and I don't want to be foolishly tooling around in it on slick roads. The Protege is loud as all hell and I need to fix it to make it audibly enjoyable to drive.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

I don't know any place specific, but I would imagine any good exhaust shop would have what you're looking for
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yea any exhaust shop can weld a sized flange on and make everything good again.
      Seth
      2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

I know a couple good shops out here in St. Charles if you can't find one closer to you.
        Back in BG business.

Comment

Well really all I need is the flange...though I guess I need another resonator too. I don't know.
          My brother works at autozone and ordered a resonator for me, but when it came in it was too big(diameter) to fit under the car.

He has a flange he thinks will work for the downpipe connection, and that's one of the bad parts of my exhaust(using the original rusted flange which leaks on a 2.5" exhaust). I've noticed that becides the leak noise, the normal exhaust sound is loudest at the muffler, which doesn't have tail pipes yet. So I think once I have them it'll be a lot quieter. I have to adjust the angle of the muffler too...

I haven't given in yet and gone to a muffler shop.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

yay for going cheap and ghetto on your exhaust in the first place....maybe if you spent the 100 bux the exhaust shop might have charged you to install an exhaust, instead of piecing **** together, and slapping it together in your driveway, this wouldent be an issue.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Thanks for the help Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                yay for going cheap and ghetto on your exhaust in the first place....maybe if you spent the 100 bux the exhaust shop might have charged you to install an exhaust, instead of piecing **** together, and slapping it together in your driveway, this wouldent be an issue.

I think u spoke for about 15 members...when its all said and done your gonna end up spending the same amount you should have spent in the first place for a good exhaust.

Comment

Exhausted in New Jersey

Originally posted by MazKid
                  Thanks for the help Ben.
                  It's good that you finally see the light MazKid. It's clear that you've exhausted all possibilities of repairing your ghetto exhaust system. Additionally, you've about exhausted our patience listening to the exhausting story of how you're going to further ghettoize your ghetto exhxaust system. Take your machine to a quality exhaust shop and have them build you a proper exhaust system and stop exhausting us with any more exhaust stories.

Exhausted in New Jersey.

Happy Scavenging!
                  02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                  MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                  MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                  Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                  MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                  Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                  Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                  Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                  Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                  Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                  Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                  Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                  Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
                    It's good that you finally see the light MazKid. It's clear that you've exhausted all possibilities of repairing your ghetto exhaust system. Additionally, you've about exhausted our patience listening to the exhausting story of how you're going to further ghettoize your ghetto exhxaust system. Take your machine to a quality exhaust shop and have them build you a proper exhaust system and stop exhausting us with any more exhaust stories.

Exhausted in New Jersey.

Happy Scavenging!
                    hahaha...you should be a technical writer or something.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Don't be so hard on him. Sometimes the experience of trying to do it yourself is worth it even if it costs you more money in the end. IMO.
                      Back in BG business.

Comment

I hasn't cost me much at all compared to any aftermarket 2.5" system. $150 for the resonator and muffler shipped to my house, the piping was $20, and a few odds and ends bits of piping from autozone totalling all of $15. Plus I've learned a lot in the process.

All I really need to do is to fix the leaks and add tail pipes and call it a day. It'll be kinda loud(quieter than it is now) but damn it's a 2.5" exhaust on my "fast" BP car.

Sorry that I've been such a burden on everyone asking for advice. I thought atleast some people would support me trying to do the exhaust myself when everyone else just takes it some place and has someone else do it. I was wrong, except Vince.

Comment

IN the end your gonan have spent abou 200$+ you could have gotten a exhaust made. Thats the lesson learned.. and u can thank us ALL. because i think they kind of warned you before hand.

Comment

Working...
                          X