Need help with replacing parts I broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with replacing parts I broke

I was installing my new gtx injectors and I broke the vacuum hose nipple off the fuel pressure regulator solenoid valve and the vics solenoid valve. The dealership wants $160 to replace two plastic 3 way valves and part stores don't have them. I could go to the j/y but these things are plastic and every time I try to remove the vacuum hose from the nipple, the nipple breaks off. I doubt I'll be able to find one in good condition. Does anyone know where I can get them for less than $160?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pastor_Protege; 12-05-2005, 05:09 PM.
    Back in BG business.

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
      Thanks for the link. They still want $114. I feel like Jim Carrey in Liar Liar when he yells "How do sleep at night!?" How can they get away with charging that much for 2 plastic valves?
      Back in BG business.

Comment

go to the junkyard and cut the vacuum lines instead of trying to remove them, duh.
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
          go to the junkyard and cut the vacuum lines instead of trying to remove them, duh.
          That's not a bad idea . These things are so weak I'll probably break them getting the hose back on, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
          Back in BG business.

Comment

Then cut the vacuum hose sideways so its along the actual length of the vacuum tube with a knife to get it off without breaking it! AGAIN!
            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
              Then cut the vacuum hose sideways so its along the actual length of the vacuum tube with a knife to get it off without breaking it! AGAIN!
              Originally posted by Pastor_Protege
              I'll probably break them getting the hose back on
              I understand how to get the hose off now. I'm worried about getting them back on an old, plastic j/y valve. I'm just pissed because they broke so easily and they are so expensive to replace. I'll be more careful this time.
              Edit: It doesn't help that it's 20 degrees out. Cold and cheap plastic equals breaky breaky. (sorry, just venting)
              Last edited by Pastor_Protege; 12-05-2005, 07:26 PM.
              Back in BG business.

Comment

That's not a bad idea . These things are so weak I'll probably break them getting the hose back on, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
                or maybe just use vacuum line connectors and not break anything
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
                  or maybe just use vacuum line connectors and not break anything
                  That's down right brilliant. You're handy to have around. I'm not being sarcastic, I would have never thought of that. Thanks.
                  Back in BG business.

Comment

I just went to Autozone and bought a pack of hose connectors for like $2. Live and learn. Thanks again.
                    Back in BG business.

Comment

That's down right brilliant. You're handy to have around. I'm not being sarcastic, I would have never thought of that. Thanks.
                      no worries, after i broke my spare set i figured there had to be a better way to do it.
                      sigpic

Comment

hmmm what is all that junk? my motor doesnt have any of that
                        '99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

Originally posted by mikeflys1
                          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

To which junk are you referring? I assume you would have both of these on an EGT BP engine unless you swapped in a BPT. If you have a GTX manifold then there would be no VICS solenoid valve.
                            Back in BG business.

Comment

mine either :p
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X