Aftermarket cone air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket cone air filter

Today I received the cone air filter with adaptor from ebay I bought weeks ago. But when I installed it and started the car, white smoke came out of the exhaust...anyone know why this would happen? (oh allright...I'll stop with the bold allready :/)

blew your motor for sure, it couldent handle the extra 150 hp
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
      blew your motor for sure, it couldent handle the extra 150 hp
      ...I am still waiting for suggestions...anyone?

Comment

Maybe in the process of installing the thing something got into the intake tubing and when you started the car it burned out the exhaust?

I could almost understand black smoke(if your AFM got screwed up and made the car run rich), but white is coolant most often.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Hmm...odd. The AFM is fine, and...well since there are no leaks of anything. It just surprised me, you know?

Comment

was it cold and humid outside?

If so, it was normal steam

Comment

Well I have a CAI and can make it short ram intake, in the morning when i start to acelerate my car to ge out i see a little white smoke, maybe it can be because all the engine is cold, and when the intake suck air maybe it suck cold air and that when you see the white smoke, because when i run the car late in the day, or starter again i dont see any more white smoke.
              '93 Protege DX 5spd'
              2" Exhaust System
              2.5" Custom Intake System
              Other minor tuning (timing, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Driver
                in the morning when i start to acelerate my car to ge out i see a little white smoke, maybe it can be because all the engine is cold, and when the intake suck air maybe it suck cold air and that when you see the white smoke, because when i run the car late in the day, or starter again i dont see any more white smoke.
                You're seeing steam. It is evaporating water in your exhaust system. Ever notice that a lot of cars have white "smoke" coming out of their tail pipes in the morning?

Comment

That's condensation, but I got the impression from DJ's post that it never stopped smoking white smoke. Maybe he wasn't clear enough.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

It's his car begging for a manual transmission. I can't even imagine how slow an auto 1.6 is.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
                      It's his car begging for a manual transmission. I can't even imagine how slow an auto 1.6 is.
                      Well nobody ever said this car was for going to become any faster than it currently is, right? In any case, yeah my bad. It was because of the cold weather outside, since it stopped doing it short after. Thanks a lot everyone, though.

Comment

My 93 egt doesn't smoke (and i know it should as ALL cars do!) like that in the morning then again my auto choke like thingy doesn't come on 90% of the time either... Stupid ISC!
                        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatCarGuy
                          lol my 1.6L was fun.. i liked it.., it was soo slow it made it fun... lol it held its own tho against the geo's and teh old civic hatchs and such..

Comment

Working...
                          X