Problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems...

Well my car always had a slow coolant leak, didn't leak in the summer just late fall into and through winter. Never found out where the leak was comming from because the spot on the driveway was dead center of the engine bay. Anywho I was getting some exhaust work done(getting my temp fix fixed for good) I just had the axle back replaced. So I had him see if he could see where the leak was comming from. Oh yeah my bealt was squealing like a beotch as well so that was remedied as well. Anywho turns out the water pump was the source of the slow leak and if I wanted it fixed it would cost me just about $300 with part and labor. I said to myself I can take care of it later it hasn't given me trouble yet and I check the coolant level regulary. So I paid the $30 for the exhaust fix and belt tightening then I was off. It was sooo cool to hear the belt whine again just like a supercharger sound. But later I see more coolant leakage and now its by the pump and it was wet on the back side of the bumper as well... Getting the belt tightend did the poor old water pump in, well kinda. But that is not the bad news My car also has been making the normal sounds of a cv joint or shaft going since this past summer and it happened days later, made a louder noise then normal while taking a turn after I got strait is was fine, just like all the other times then later the rpms went up a little when I was crusing at 30mph and then I started slowing down... made it to a parking lot and got it towed back to the shop. Sure enough the CV shaft was sheared... So now I am looking @ $700 in repairs... there goes most of my tax returns.
    The Car:
    2003 Mazda Protege 5
    - Injen Intake
    - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
    - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
    - More Goodies to come....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The System:
    Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
    Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
    Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
    -
    Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
    Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
    Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

sucks to hear that dood. You can get new axles for like ~120 @ auto parts stores if you can DIY to save some cash.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yea.....get the water pump they are like $30, axles are cheap and easy to do, and while your in there might as well do your alternator and timing belt......just make 1 big ass maintenance day!
      Eat ****.

Comment

do your timing belt when you do your water pump, and visa versa

JACK
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

what axle sheard?

if its the passenger side axle DIY it and the water pump.

the water pump is sooo much easier with the knuckle and crap out of the way.

also since the motor is not gonna be running for a while anyway, powerwash the engine and enginebay, so when you get to the part of setting the timing

good luck dood
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

The timing belt was replaced right before I got the car and I only put 20,000 or so miles on it, so thats fine. I am getting axles for $89 through the guy @ the shop... he firends with my dad so maybe he discounted me... maybe not and just found a good deal. I really have no time atm to do it myself, and I want my car back asap. My dads truck is raping me on gas. And it was the drivers side axle, but I think I might get them both done right away since there was slight noise comming from that one nothing remotely close to the drivers side tho... but if he says its ok I will just leave it. I think this spring or summer I might get some coil overs or some lowering springs then just get some zx2 struts or something, my struts in back as of right now are clunking somewhat.

But then again I do have my eye on a P5 or this bad boy right here. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=35

But I really really want a hatch now, because I put my system in my friends Exploder and all I have to say is w0w!
            The Car:
            2003 Mazda Protege 5
            - Injen Intake
            - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
            - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
            - More Goodies to come....
            The System:
            Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
            Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
            Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
            -
            Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
            Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
            Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606

Comment

Working...
            X