rpms on SAFC w/msd 6al wont work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpms on SAFC w/msd 6al wont work!

I installed my msd 6al and now my tach on my safc wont work. Everything works fine besides that. The safc tach will work for a little bit then stay at zero which messes up my tune. I dont know what can be wrong, but i need to find a solution fast. Anyone got any suggestions or anything? I dont think i need a tach adapter for an SAFC, it would make no sense.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Originally posted by b-potent
    I installed my msd 6al and now my tach on my safc wont work. Everything works fine besides that. The safc tach will work for a little bit then stay at zero which messes up my tune. I dont know what can be wrong, but i need to find a solution fast. Anyone got any suggestions or anything? I dont think i need a tach adapter for an SAFC, it would make no sense.

where do you have the SAF-c tapped for the rpm refference?

same question about the 6al?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

safc before the 6al was fine, it is right off the ecu wire. My 6al was installed as the directions said to the old coil wires, etc. You know what might be happening?

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

no clue what is happening, but try using the Tach output off the MSD to run the SAFC
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

ya, try that. Maybe also try cleaning the plug that goes into your dristibutor. Ya never know...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Plug the wire into the tach out put on the side of the msd.

Comment

which wire? the green and white one or what?

Comment

It's not part of the wire harness.
                Last edited by Denis; 02-10-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

here
                  Attached Files

Comment

i know where the terminal is, but what i'm saying is what wire do i run to it? My green and white wire from the harness, which i'm guessing not since u said its not from the harness. Or do you mean the green rpm signal wire from the apexi safc harness? If you could elaborate a bit more man, i would appreciate it. Lates

Comment

The SAFC's needs a rpm signal, so take the rpm signal wire for the SAFC and plug it into the tach output of the MSD. Not rocket science.

Comment

Sorry to be reviving an old thread but I have the exact same problem.

I don't know what plug to use to connect to the MSD box - is it a proprietary plug?

Also can I just use the signal after the MSD box going to the coil as the trigger instead (the negative coil terminal) (the one used by most aftermarket tachs)

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                          Sorry to be reviving an old thread but I have the exact same problem.

I don't know what plug to use to connect to the MSD box - is it a proprietary plug?

Also can I just use the signal after the MSD box going to the coil as the trigger instead (the negative coil terminal) (the one used by most aftermarket tachs)
                          the tach plug will accept a female blade connector, and the instructions for the MSD states nthing should be connected to the coil wire but the coil.
                          -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                            the tach plug will accept a female blade connector, and the instructions for the MSD states nthing should be connected to the coil wire but the coil.
                            you mean a connector like this one: http://www.eagleday.com/blco.html

I tried the ones that were supplied with the MSD and they were too loose. Are you sure?

Comment

Working...
                            X