Dismantle Tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismantle Tranny

I have a 94 protege 1.8 SOHC, standard tranny.... One of the gears in my tranny is broke or worn out, i have 2 of the same trannys and i can fix one with the other... what i need to know is how to get the housing off the tranny because when i unbolted the housing it only came about about 2-3 inches and wouldn't pull off any farther... so i'm guessing something else needs to come loose to get it off lol... thanks for any replies and pics if ya got them...
    Last edited by RaZoR; 03-19-2006, 08:41 PM.

Originally posted by RaZoR
    I have a 94 protege 1.8 SOHC, standard tranny.... One of the gears in my tranny is broke or worn out, i have 2 of the same trannys and i can fix one with the other... what i need to know is how to get the housing off the tranny because when i unbolted the housing it only came about about 2-3 inches and wouldn't pull off any farther... so i'm guessing something else needs to come loose to get it off lol... thanks for any replies and pics if ya got them...
    Pics of your problem would help us help you.

Maybe you need to pull a gear off, or press something out.

Comment

hope this helps...
      Attached Files

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

yeah that pic helps alot, thanks..... i must say these f-series trannys suck lol... this will be my 3rd and i'm rarely ever rough on it... would do the bp swap but takes to much time and money that i don't have lol... thanks again for the pic.

Comment

why don't you get your hands on a G-series then???

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

there hard to find out here... i'd prolly just do the whole swap if i could find one in decent shape cheap enough..

Comment

Originally posted by RaZoR
              there hard to find out here... i'd prolly just do the whole swap if i could find one in decent shape cheap enough..
              Yeah, if you're spending all of this money on your F trannies, you could've put that towards a BP swap.

Comment

Working...
              X