Little screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little screw

Okay this redneck guy screwed my car up, he touched this little screw and now when I floorboard tha gas pedal, the car barely accelerates and it sounds like the clutch is in and the rpms go straight up
    Heres a pic of the screw:

1993 Mazda Protege LX 1.8L DOHC Now with 2 mtx bluethunder 12'' legend series subs, soon to be 2 mtx 12'' 7500 series! in 2 weeks! Im also getting a volfenhag amp

Thats got something to do with the VICS system.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

LOL @ captain obvious! But considering where it is and all maybe it limits the amount that the vics butterflys open. So in your case they don't open completely and thus you have a nice issue at hand where the car runs like well BUTT! Turn it one way and test drive it, then try again the other way if it got worse, etc. It can only go one way or the other!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Thank you captain asshat. Just fiddle with it. Look on the threads to see if he moved it so "clean" thread are exposed. Move the screw until you see no more clean threads.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by 93protegelx
          when I floorboard tha gas pedal, the car barely accelerates and it sounds like the clutch is in and the rpms go straight up
          sounds like your clutch is ****, even if your VICS has been screwed with, your rpms shouldn't be shooting up and and the car barely moving with the clutch engaged.
          Last edited by protégébob; 03-24-2006, 11:49 AM.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
            Thank you captain asshat. Just fiddle with it. Look on the threads to see if he moved it so "clean" thread are exposed. Move the screw until you see no more clean threads.
            LOL yeah i was just messing with you but yeah i checked mine today when i was out there doing something else and mine looked just about EXACTLY like his does now in that pic so if its off then maybe a turn or two because it looks the damn same! Ie somebody else saying clutch going is very possible!
            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

oh this pic was taken like 3 months ago before it was screwed with lol, i was just wanting to no what it does, tomorow ill compare and make sure that the one on my car is exactly like the one in the pic
              1993 Mazda Protege LX 1.8L DOHC Now with 2 mtx bluethunder 12'' legend series subs, soon to be 2 mtx 12'' 7500 series! in 2 weeks! Im also getting a volfenhag amp

Comment

Working...
              X