help before engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help before engine swap

ok guys i finally decide to do an enigine swap on the protege got tire of the sohc power. help me out on this one i will be dropping in the bp engine with the sohc transmission. which flywheel and clutch do i need to use. i also be getting th bp hardness,engine mounts, ecu and the vaf if am missing anything please tell.
    ANGEL

Use the SOHC flywheel and clutch
    Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

since you need a VAF to start, try grabbing the RX-7 B code while your at it. the BP will idle and runn on the SOHC VAF so that you can troubleshoot your swap if needed, then throw the b-code on, tune it and reap the benifits
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i got a 1990 pro, and i just finished my swap, i had a sohc autamatic, and i swaped a dohc and a 5 speed tran in, with the ecu and the harness. it started rat up and drove great.
        1991 protege dx / 5 speed swap / dohc swap

Comment

I'm sure that this has been asked before but we are somewhat on the topic of transmissions.

What trans will give you better accel? and which trans will give you a higer top speed?

Actually, if you were doing 60mph/100kmh what would the rpms be on the G series tranny?

Comment

Working...
          X