Questions concerning the BPT wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions concerning the BPT wiring harness

Now I know that a BP with a turbo can be managed with the BP-26 ecu (and it's variants) plugged into the N/A BP harness. But can I run a N/A BP with the N/A ecu through a BPT wiring harness without complications? I'm getting ready to drop the BP from my defunct EGT into my current driver since I can't take the lack of SOHC power, but my plan has been to gather everything needed to make a reliable turbo BP to drop in somewhere down the road. I was just going to run a BP-26 ecu on the turbo BP setup through the N/A harness but I'm starting to think I should just put a GTX wiring harness in to give me the option of rebuilding an imported engine and dropping that in, it just seems to make sense if I'm going through the trouble of taking everything apart to swap in the first place. Any input is appreciated. I'm trying to get things sorted out so I can start getting to work on it.
    Not the sports page Not a magazine

so you wanna use the US 1.8 on a US ecu with a jdm bpt harness?

i dont see why not but id assume you'll have some leftover wires and lots of splicing which might have to be reversed once you put in the new ecu/motor.
    Seth
    2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

There is one ground that needs to be changed. I'll post it later tonight when I get home from class.
      Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

I'm starting to think I don't even want to deal with anything off of my other car. I'm still not even sure why it died in the first place. I think I'm just on the hunt for a GTX package now. No need to waste time and money doing the same thing twice.
        Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Working...
        X