What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

This is the last hang up in my 323/B8 swap. It's a metal tube that comes off the back of the intake manifold, and I'm guessing it's a vacuum line-- it didn't have anything attached to it when the motor came on a pallet from the junkyard. What does it do, where does it connect to, and do I need it to be connected for the engine to run properly (read: is it essential to make it run)?

--Travis
    Last edited by Punatic; 04-06-2006, 03:12 PM.

-She's ugly as sin, but she goes like hell-
    Current Mods: 41k B8 swap, Megan Racing strut tower bars front and rear, 15"x6" Saturn alloys, Hankook K106 195/50/15 tires, KYB GR-2's, Redline synthetic gear oil, BMW VDO speedometer, Achrotech tachometer, high flow glasspack muffler, removed power steering, air conditioning, and ALL non-essential interior parts.

The Plan:
    Custom interior in black and tan, Port and Polished head with high performance cam and custom header and intake manifold, dual webbers, 2.25" center-exit exhaust, eibach springs, front lip, 15x6.5" Rotas on Falken tires. We'll just call it the jewelbox.

"This is an intense little car, bro."- Drew

"What the f**k?... What the f**k?.... What the f**k?"-- The guy giving my safety check as he walked around the car

Looks like the line that runs to the auto tranny but it's got the wrong tps senser so I dunno.

Comment

Cool, I guess I'll just plug it then. I pulled a B8 out of an automatic protege, but dropped it into my 5 speed 323. The throttle body is off a 5 speed, as is the ECU, so I 'm hoping I don't have any other issues...

-She's ugly as sin, but she goes like hell-
      Current Mods: 41k B8 swap, Megan Racing strut tower bars front and rear, 15"x6" Saturn alloys, Hankook K106 195/50/15 tires, KYB GR-2's, Redline synthetic gear oil, BMW VDO speedometer, Achrotech tachometer, high flow glasspack muffler, removed power steering, air conditioning, and ALL non-essential interior parts.

The Plan:
      Custom interior in black and tan, Port and Polished head with high performance cam and custom header and intake manifold, dual webbers, 2.25" center-exit exhaust, eibach springs, front lip, 15x6.5" Rotas on Falken tires. We'll just call it the jewelbox.

"This is an intense little car, bro."- Drew

"What the f**k?... What the f**k?.... What the f**k?"-- The guy giving my safety check as he walked around the car

Comment

yea I dont have that on mine....
        Eat ****.

Comment

In that case you don't need that. It's for auto's only.

Comment

let us know how much better it is over the B6...i've never seen the swap so i'd be curious

Comment

ya its for the automatic tranny
              1991 protege dx / 5 speed swap / dohc swap

Comment

Working...
              X