Good Deal or dont buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Deal or dont buy?

hey i found this BP on ebay that i was planning on swapping into my DX, but i wasnt sure if it looked like a good one to get. the seller seems to have good feedback on engines, i looked at a couple, but who knows. i bought a GTX engine on ebay once from an actual race shop and it turned out to be blown and the turbo was bad too.. just wondering if i should try my luck, what would you do?

Originally posted by protegeball
    hey i found this BP on ebay that i was planning on swapping into my DX, but i wasnt sure if it looked like a good one to get. the seller seems to have good feedback on engines, i looked at a couple, but who knows. i bought a GTX engine on ebay once from an actual race shop and it turned out to be blown and the turbo was bad too.. just wondering if i should try my luck, what would you do?
    haha heres the link for a GTX i want ....

do you think that GTX is a good candidate for a DX swap??

here are some BP's too...

now thats a JDM one and the valve cover is different than ours, is there anything different about that motor than the BP here

Last edited by protegeball; 04-13-2006, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Ask them questions! Lots and lots of questions!

I for one would want to know why in the hell they cut the plug wires, they're part of the engine, it's not like they were attached to the frame or another part of the car, there should have been no reason to cut them. I know it's a miniscule thing, but I would want to know, also ask them how many miles were on the engine and if they know what happen to the car it came out of. The car it came out of can be the deciding factor, was the car wrecked with front end damage, was it a rearend collision? Things of that nature.

If you keep looking, there is an importer on Ebay that sells GTX and BPT's with less than 50,xxx miles and the entire drivetrain, the GTX even comes with the 4WD tranny, which is built like a tank. The GTX setup ius $1100 and the BPT setup is $1300, but he warranties his engines for 30 days, so if you plan on swapping right away, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck man.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323
        The GTX setup ius $1100 and the BPT setup is $1300,
        Good luck man.

GTX = BPT
        Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken
          GTX = BPT
          Well, not for the 323, sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize there were 2 different GTX engines.

What I learned today:

323 GTX= B6T
          323= B6

Protege GTX= BPT
          Protege= BP or B8

Yay! I R Smrt! S-M-R-T !!!

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Also B6T = 1.6L DOHC Turboed and BPT = 1.8L DOHC Turboed!
            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323
              Well, not for the 323, sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize there were 2 different GTX engines.

What I learned today:

323 GTX= B6T
              323= B6

Protege GTX= BPT
              Protege= BP or B8

Yay! I R Smrt! S-M-R-T !!!
              no, not exactly right.

US Spec:

323 GTX = 4wd B6t
              323 = b6

J-Spec

323 GTX = bpt
              323 GTR = bpt + factory upgrades to keep it simple

then you have tons of specific engine codes like the bp-ze, the sohc us model we have here, and so one. just remember the 323gtx here is b6t while the jspec 323gtx is the bpt we all want. i dont actually know if the protege was sold/badged as such over in japan.
              Seth
              2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

It's the Familia GTX in Japan.
                Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Anyways, back to the question at hand.

I see JDM Addiction selling BPTs all the time. I haven't heard anyting about them though.

Buying a used engine is a crapchute. You never know what you're going to get. They always say it has low mileage, but who knows. It's a selling tactic.

The "JDM" BP in the link posted looks like the BP found in a second gen. It has the same valve cover anyways. As far as I know, its the same as the 90-94 BP.

I personally would never put a used engine into my car with out thoroughly going through it and rebuilding it.

And I'd go for the BPT

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                    Anyways, back to the question at hand.

I see JDM Addiction selling BPTs all the time. I haven't heard anyting about them though.
                    i havent either but their price is pretty equal to CS so..i guess stick with CS knowing they'll come through.

what i cant figure out though is the 3 or 4 import companies selling GTXs for much cheaper than CS, some even with wiring harness and/or ecu.
                    Seth
                    2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by sfd
                      i havent either but their price is pretty equal to CS so..i guess stick with CS knowing they'll come through.

what i cant figure out though is the 3 or 4 import companies selling GTXs for much cheaper than CS, some even with wiring harness and/or ecu.
                      Yeah that's just shady.

Comment

Working...
                      X