New Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Axles

ok, theres a clicking sound from my car when i turn now, and larger than normal vibration at highway speeds so one or both of my cv joints are on the way out. So I checked and both left and right boots are torn, crap.

Do you guys think I should do it myself? or use this 25% off any service coupon and get both my axles replaced by Mazda?

You will get raped using the dealer, get a pair of axles at a jobber and put them on yourself.

Pat.
    sigpic

Comment

do NOT go to the stealership to get your axles replaced...its not a hard job at all...80 bucks a side

Comment

do it urself. if you use that coupon at the dealership ur still going to pay out of your ass. plus its a learning experiance doing ot your self. they're not that hard to do. with the right tools on hand it shouldnt take more than 2 hours for a rookie.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Yes, do it yourself. It will be a rewarding experience.

Comment

Call Lex up, I bet he would help ya I did the ones on the 323 in 30 mins.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

alright, f*** the dealership, i'll do it myself, thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift
                alright, f*** the dealership, i'll do it myself, thanks for the input!

Thatta boy!

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X