No announcement yet.

Tranny Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah buddy, there is a set of keepers, they are called synchros and they help to "synchronize" as it is called or keep the gears locked to enable normanl driving to be sustained in the same gear. What has happened is that my synchros in 4th gear are either totally broken or worn out and need to be re-surfaced or totally replaced depending on the current condition.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerguy
      yeah buddy, there is a set of keepers, they are called synchros and they help to "synchronize" as it is called or keep the gears locked to enable normanl driving to be sustained in the same gear. What has happened is that my synchros in 4th gear are either totally broken or worn out and need to be re-surfaced or totally replaced depending on the current condition.
      Take it apart and find out.

Comment

ah ok now i know what they are called
        stock blaze red 1992 Mazda Protege DX 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
          Quite possibly the syncros < sp? or that little donut that holds the shifter in place went on vacation.
          cough cough ^^^^ cough
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
          X